1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Very cool photos - which some may find gross ;)

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by North Star, Nov 14, 2013.

1. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

This link is to pictures of the circulatory system. I find it fascinating! Even in nursing school, I've never seen such a cool picture of the blood vessels. I think it will also help me to visualize the dynamics of TMS induced pain....especially headaches.

A mild oxygen deprivation...brought to you by those amazing blood vessels.

Pretty cool!

scorewrist and Lily Rose like this.
  2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

OK....that's why you're a nurse and I'm not. :)

3. North Star

LOL....I didn't think everyone would be as enthralled as I am.

4. yb44

yb44 Beloved Grand Eagle

I am not a science-y person at all so from this perspective these images do nothing for me. However from an artistic angle I was inspired by the images which put me in mind of free-form machine embroidered objects. Weird, eh?

MontanaMom likes this.
  5. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Wow, stunning. I know what you mean, yb.

6. Lily Rose

Lily Rose Beloved Grand Eagle

I LOVE this!!! I am very anatomy oriented. My yoga instruction is about structure alignment and how our anatomy works. Thanks for this link. It gives me a lovely visual. Our bodies are absolutely amazing. :)

MontanaMom likes this.
  7. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

So that's where my repressed emotions go!

Like Old Man River.

8. North Star

LOL, Walt! Lily Rose, I'm glad you like it too!

9. Leonor

Leonor Peer Supporter

Hi MontanaMom,
    Wuau! I find it fascinating. I wonder how we can notice the mild oxygen deprivation in the pictures. Other than that, is there an oxygen test that can be done to detect our oxygen deprivation?
    Leonor

10. North Star

Leonor, I can only notice the oxygen deprivation in that illustration...in my imagination. :) I don't know that the technology is there for imaging but it seems to me I did read something that it IS measurable. I just can't remember where I read it. I know for a heart attack, the evidence of the oxygen deprivation in the cardiac tissue shows up in blood work.

Anyone else know the answer to that?

11. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

I think that Dr. Sarno says that the oxygen deprivation is like a slap in the face: it causes a lot of pain, but no real physical damage. Therefore, it's hard to measure experimentally. Plus it is all happening under the skin, so it's even harder to access.

12. Lily Rose

Lily Rose Beloved Grand Eagle

My last doc appt, they did an oxygen level check right along with blood pressure and temperature.

My impression of oxygen deprivation relating to pain is this: That oxygen to that specific area is the issue, not as an overall oxygen deprivation. Example being that when I get a Raynauds attack, my fingers go white, which is a capillary shut down, but my feet go blue, which is real lack of oxygen, and more dangerous. That is not when the pain really hits. The pain hits when the blood comes back. This isn't to say that my hands will not hurt when they are white, but the worst pain is the return of circulation. The other example is digestion. After eating, the bulk of our resources turn inward to process our food. In my case, with low blood pressure and Raynauds, this causes my extremities to become chilled.

Is this any way connected to the idea of oxygen deprivation creating our TMS pains?

13. scorewrist

scorewrist New Member

Thanks for sharing the pics.

14. Shanshu Vampyr

Shanshu Vampyr Well known member

I prefer my patients with their skin still on.

Check, please.

15. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

Loved them! It reminded me of the Bodyworks exhibits I saw in Houston. They basically show what we look like underneath the skin.
    The pics are beautiful in an artistic way, but I'm a scientist, so most of the appeal for me was in that realm.