1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Update

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Mrs.Hopeful85, Aug 24, 2013.

1. Mrs.Hopeful85

Mrs.Hopeful85 New Member

Thank you everyone! I am just now reading "The Great Pain Deception" by Steve Ozanich...Wow what an amazing book! I love this book because of the extreme detail Mr. Ozanich goes into when talking about his own experience with TMS. It has given me more hope than anything thus far. This is how I am doing today since discovering the wonderful world of TMS:

-Completely stopped taking all the medications that I was taking for the pain (realize now how much it actually did NOTHING for the pain).
    -Completely stopped doing the "stretching" exercises that I had been buying into for so long that had led me to think my pain was coming from tight/eneven muscles (Pain has actually improved since stopping these).
    -Threw away all the silly pain creams (I have to admit that not smelling like an 80 year man is quite nice).
    -Put away the heat/ice packs
    -Trying to sit, sleep and be as normal as possible because their is NOTHING wrong with my back :)
    -The pain does move around! I know have a strange pain in my armpit, which I have never had, but it is nothing but the TMS looking for attention.
    -Still have pain in my low back and butt, sometimes feet, and sometimes knee, but I am trying to stay focused on other things and realizing this is a process and it will take time, but my faith is very strong in this process and I know that it will bring comfort sooner or later.

My next step is going back to the gym....This is very scary for me because for so long this is the place that I correlate to my pain and thought what had caused it and each time I tried to go back to the gym or be physical at all, my pain was made worse, but I am slowly learning and trying to grasp that this is NOT where it started, Iwas just able to put blame on something to make me feel better and provide proof that it was physical. If Steve Ozanich can back full force into being physical so can I and I am now becoming more comfortable with this next step.

Stella likes this.
  2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

This is so awesome Mrs.Hopeful85

3. NolaGal

NolaGal Peer Supporter

I'm still pretty new here - only been at it for a couple of weeks, but it seems like you're definitely on the right track. My original "RSI" pain has all but disappeared, but I get a "strained" feeling in my lower back sometimes, so it seems like it has moved there. It feels like I lifted something too heavy but I know I haven't so I just refuse to give the pain my attention and I just go on about my business. I know what you mean about pain creams, too. I had stopped using that stuff awhile back because I got concerned about all those chemicals absorbing into my body. I used to use them a lot, though. I remember one day at work I had 8 menthol patches on various parts of my back and shoulders!

Good luck and keep on going ;-)

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.