1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Update!!

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Jules, Jun 16, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Jules

Jules Well known member

I just finished my fourth week at my new job with minimal pain! This is a huge deal to me, because I have been dealing with shoulder, rib, myofascial pain, etc. for 20 years and now I'm working a full time job and typing all day, its really pretty amazing. I still have some pain, especially when I'm stressed and pressured to perform, but its nothing like it used to be.

I think my brain is FINALLY getting the message!! TMSers, dont't give up!! It make take awhile, (5 years, off and on) depending on how long you've had it, but the brain can and does change. It takes persistence and commitment, but it CAN be done!!;) dancea

2. stradivarius

stradivarius Peer Supporter

So happy for you Jules, have been following your threads and am delighted you are making progress!

Jules likes this.
  3. Jennifer_K

Jennifer_K Peer Supporter

Happy for you!!! Gives me hope! :)

Jules likes this.
  4. Celayne

Celayne Well known member

You give me hope, Jules! I have 'only' dealt with my chronic myofascial, shoulder and rib pain for the past 8 years or so, although it was probably building up since I was a child. I just recently learned about TMS. I'm having some small successes but the TMS is nasty stuff and it is not going quietly. I'm so excited to read about people who have been able to overcome it, so I know it is possible.

Jules likes this.
  5. Jules

Jules Well known member

Yes it is possible. I about gave up, but kept at it and I am seeing the fruits of my labor. It really is all about desensitizing your brain and letting your subconscious know that it does not need to overreact to things that are triggers and the habit of a stress response gone rogue. There was a number of emotional traumas I also needed to process, before I could move on. It was those memories that are very uncomfortable and painful, that my brain did not want to let go. Now that I have, I am healing and making progress, and along the way dealing with stressful situations in a healthy productive way. You will get there, just don't give up. :smug:

6. Jules

Jules Well known member

Thank you!! A year ago, I didn't know this was possible, but I am proving to myself, it is. I'm excited for the future.

7. Jules

Jules Well known member

So glad!! I was and am a stubborn case; but after reading Steve Ozanich's two books, twice, I was bound and determined to lick this and lick it for good. ;)