1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 16 Update on progress, and support from friends/family

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by MindBodyPT, Jan 11, 2017.

1. MindBodyPT

MindBodyPT Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi there TMSers!

Feeling inspired to post my answer to today's SEP question of the day: since starting this program have you told anyone about your condition and TMS? Why or Why not? If you have how did they react?

On my TMS journey so far I’ve spoken with my husband, parents, brother and a few close friends I trust. I am fairly extroverted and it helps me to talk to people i’m close with about this stuff, bounce it off of them and have support. I was thrilled and extremely excited to make the discovery of TMS as it has been instrumental in my recovery from back pain. They luckily mostly reacted with support, with a little skepticism from my dad and a friend at first. Now, however, I have some of them reading Healing Back Pain by Sarno and they understand this all much better. This is all also extremely important to the direction my career may go in so it’s especially important that those people closest to me have some sort of understanding. My husband, parents, brother and best friend have been the most supportive to me through this whole process, and I am extremely grateful for this!

And on an unrelated note...today I was able to go running for the first time in many months! I had no back pain and was only limited by being tired :) This is something I hadn't done since my back started hurting last year, and it was a great moment for me. Hope everyone is coming along well.

Saoirse likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, MindBodyPT. I'm glad you're getting such positive support and are sharing Dr. Sarno's book with your family and best friend. It's good that you have understanding people to talk to about this. It's great that you went running and felt no pain.