1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

unsure which program should I start with

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by stevow7, Sep 4, 2017.

1. stevow7

stevow7 Well known member

I want to start learning how journalize and meditate to release repressed emotions.

should i start with alan pain recovery program or structural educational program?

I just accepted the tms journey and im learning more and more but i feel i need to journalize and meditate (don't know how) to bring my repressed emotions to conscousness.

just want to learn how to journalize (from my past to present) and meditate correctly

Notsosupple likes this.
  2. birdsetfree

birdsetfree Well known member

I would say start with the Structured Educational Programme if you want to journal effectively and release any persistent underlying tension. It will also help you with meditation. Good luck!

3. Lou

Lou New Member

When I started the program I decided to do both of them at once. The TMS Recovery Program will give you a very good background in what is going on with you. It has a great deal of general information on the basic ideas for various tools you can use to overcome TMS. The Daily Educational Program is mostly about journaling which, in my opinion, is one of the best ways to help reach those repressed emotions. Doing both together really helped me and I found that the extra little bit of time it involved was worth it.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017