1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Twitching and the fear of "A"

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by TwiztidTragedy, Jan 2, 2019.

Tags:
  1. TwiztidTragedy

TwiztidTragedy Newcomer

For the past 3 months i have had 24/7 twitching in both of my calves,
    i also have random twitching in my arches of feet, arms, hands, back, temples, inbetween eyes, lips, tounge, etc...

i went to a neruo and he has done a bunch of testing and even a emg.
    the emg was clean besides showing a few Fasiculations.

i then went back to my neruo a few days ago who i asked him to test me for UMN signs ( Clonus, Hoffsmans, Babinski ) all came back fine. and strength test all came back fine. He has checked my body for atrophy and in his reports have told me he has seen no Atrophy, Hyperflexia, Hypertonia, or brisk reflexes. But he did tell me the neruo how did my emg might have seend a positive sharp wave so they want to do a follow up emg in 4 months to see if there is any "Diesease Progression" if it happens.

Attached Files:

2. TwiztidTragedy

TwiztidTragedy Newcomer

I'm 30 years old and have a loving wife and 3 sons. I've lived the past 3 months with dibilating fear. Its ripping my family apart.

3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Twiztid,

Welcome to the Forum and the Wiki,

While no one here can diagnose you for TMS, it sounds like you're getting a lot of evidence that there is nothing physically wrong with you. And you've found this mind-body approach. I am glad for that!

You can proceed with one of the programs at the Wiki which are free. The Structured Education Program is a good place to start. Also, I would suggest you become a deep student of Dr. Sarno's work. As you begin to learn more, you will have a more clear self-diagnosis, whether you have some variation of TMS. Twitching has certainly been discussed here and treated successfully. You can go visit a TMS physician, with listings in the Wiki.

Many people who are veterans in this work ----most, have had a version of the deep fear you feel. You're among friends who understand. Working directly with the fear with mindfulness, breathing, reassuring self-talk, etc. is very helpful. This work becomes a path of courage, self-understanding, and strength available to all. Good luck.

Andy B

MWsunin12 and HattieNC like this.
  4. MWsunin12

MWsunin12 Beloved Grand Eagle

Also, read Steven Ozanich's book, "The Great Pain Deception." He had a myriad of symptoms and is done with all of them through TMS knowledge.
    His book helped me tremendously.

5. Andy Bayliss

I suggest that you write this out and place it where you can see it, and read it several times a day. Also can memorize this and use it by memory when you're afraid.

"This is essentially a normal study with no electrodiagnostic evidence of peripheral neuropathy, myopathy, twitching illnesses, or anything else."

I would use it just about the way I wrote it, not going too far into the weeds of medical jargon.

6. TwiztidTragedy

TwiztidTragedy Newcomer

It's the let's check disease progression " if it happens" that scares me. How can they say nothings wrong but still say him come back in 4 months to see if you have it?

7. Free of Fear

Free of Fear Well known member

Hi Twiz,

I'm feeling for you. I second what the others have said.
    When I was at my worst, I also had intense fear about what may be wrong with my body, or if resuming normal life would damage me more.
    The biggest change for me, which I recommend for you to make too, is to as soon as possible start seeing your problem as an anxiety problem, not a physical or neurological problem. Everything you've written speaks of anxiety, and nothing says physical or neurological. This is why belief in TMS is so important, because it shifts attention away from the body and the symptoms.
    Another way to say this is to ask yourself, "What do I need to do to believe that I an perfectly fine?" Sometimes it takes a leap of faith (it did for me), and once you start having exceptions to your symptoms then you build the belief more and more, and symptoms show up less and less.

Wishing you the best

8. Andy Bayliss

This, as I read it, says "because the patient has symptoms, and is very concerned --even though there is little indication of disease, we'll check it in a few months to reassure him."

Also, I think Free of Fear makes some good points.