1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1 Trying Again

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by braveheart, Jun 9, 2020.

1. braveheart

braveheart Peer Supporter

I started SEP several months ago and had trouble sticking with it. I actually have a life long pattern of difficulty sticking with things especially if they are scary for me. I have foot and pelvic pain that is a level 7 to 9 without sitting or standing, I live alone and am very lonely. And scared! I haven't responded to medical treatments/pain killers so it's like this has to work as I can't even take care of myself much less enjoy life so I'm giving this another chance despite the fear.

2. ssxl4000

ssxl4000 Well known member

Hello and welcome. If you are feeling fearful, upset, worried, doubtful, etc., please reach out on the forum as there are plenty of people here who can offer guidance and encouragement. Generally, pain that does not respond to medicine is either caused by a major physical issue that would be easy for a doctor to find, or it's TMS. So, if you have been seen by some doctors and they don't see something severe and obvious, I think you're in the right place.

The treatment can definitely be scary if you end up facing some difficult issues you may be burying mentally, but it certainly is worth it. Just keep your eye on the prize, which is better physical AND mental health. Good luck!