1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Trusting your gut feelings . er . microbes?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by BruceMC, Sep 16, 2013.

1. BruceMC

BruceMC Beloved Grand Eagle

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

BruceMC, a very interesting article. We know that when we're anxious or upset, we may get
    a headache or "butterflies" in the stomach. Maybe it's from microbes in our stomach, but
    are the stomach microbes from early childhood stressors, as you ask? Something today may
    trigger those stomach problems.

I was watching the PGA golf tournament from Chicago over the weekend and it was
    interesting to learn that Jim Furyk said he can never sleep Sunday nights after a tournament
    because he replays the good and bad holes over and over again all night long.
    Talk about a obsessive-compulsive disorder. Maybe it goes way back to his childhood repressions.
    And he's a millionaire several times over.

3. BruceMC

BruceMC Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes, Walt, it's very much that old chicken-or-the-egg kind of problem: whether or not you believe the microbes are causing the emotions or the emotions are the results of early childhood development and traumas that, in turn, allowed the microbes to take hold in your stomach. Reminds me of that article that said that a certain kind of bacteria was found in tissue samples taken from the lower lumbar region of people with back pain. But overuse of antibiotics to kill the back pain bacteria are a lot worse for you than taking probiotics for stomach bacteria I would assume. There is something to different parts of your body "thinking" and "feeling" that's for certain. There isn't a little man in your head pulling idea and emotion levers!