1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 10 Triggers

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Marla, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Marla

Marla Peer Supporter

I think I mentioned at beginning of this I purposely took a part time job doing a lot of lifting and bending, I never would have done this before.

Lately as I settled into my job I have had no pain even on a long busy day where I lifted and bent, like today.

The days I notice I have a level of pain usually happens with intense stressful event right before work. Also I notice being frustrated can bring it on, a mistake, or simply unable to do what I want.

Like I said no pain at work, then I came home and found out I accidentally put a red shirt into my laundry ruining a bunch of clothes, and unable to do my relaxing swimming because of heavy rain and thunder storm.

Few min later I noticed back was hurting...I am on to it now though and I think this is from stress and move on with life and pain went away.

2. angelic333

angelic333 Peer Supporter

Marla, Your laundry story brought up memory for me, and an important lesson. I remember once my grandmother pulling the wash out of the washer and saying, "Oh my, this is all looking a little pink" and then, SHE LAUGHED! Complete non attachment and acceptance of self! She was a great lady. No stress, no worries. With age comes wisdom. Angel

3. Shirley

Shirley Peer Supporter

Not sure of my triggers. Aware I haven’t pursued this treatment method with enough gusto. I am distracted (easily) by almost anything. All good things, but this MUST be my priority. I must be my priority. My pain level is usually about the same --hovering at 4/5--unless I take something. It is the same at work or in leisure. Can I say what is setting it off emotionally? No, not yet. While I believe this TMS thing offers me a way out, I understand I am of that personality, I have to devote more attention than I am to “get there”. The woman at the spine clinic (before I found this forum) who recommended surgery offered “the tincture of time” as the alternative—it is a little better than it was when it started 9 months ago (don’t scream when I get up in the morning, can put on my socks without too much anxiety), but it is still with me. What emotion is lodged in me? I'm determined not to give up.