1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 10 Triggers

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Satori, Jan 18, 2022.

1. Satori

Satori New Member

I am realizing that one of my main triggers is a person I live with. I have a lot of fear and worry wrapped up in their behaviors and not being able to control them fills me with rage. If something happens, I can be in pain for days..even a week after a situation. How do you deal with a trigger that is an actual person?

JTaylor likes this.
  2. JTaylor

JTaylor New Member

Hi Satori,

I was in this situation a few years ago. I loved with a person who caused me a lot of anxiety and treated me really badly. I often thought about confronting this person, but I really struggle with confrontation. During this time I suffered with stomach problems for several months. Personally I found that the problem didn’t get better until I moved out of that apartment and moved in with my partner. I had to completely remove this person from my life. I’m not sure of your current situation but I’ve just personally found that having toxic people in my life tends to aggravate my TMS symptoms.

miffybunny and Satori like this.