1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Triggered emotions

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Josephine Chow, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Josephine Chow

Josephine Chow Newcomer

I know it is important to find out the triggered emotions of TMS. My concern is if I cannot identify my repress rages which caused TMS, will it affect the recovery? Thank you.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
  2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Josephine,

I suggest a gentle, patient approach. Simply asking yourself what might be going on down deep, as events or symptoms arise is most of the work. In time you're likely to see more and more.

Therapy, journaling, a program like the SEP at the Wiki will all stimulate and support your inquiry.

You might start with filling this out many times out loud or in writing:
    "One thing that makes me angry is_____________" or "Something my Inner Child feels today is ____________" Use your imagination, which will take you closer to the truth.

It is really less about "finding the deepest feelings and rooting them out" as much as it is "opening the door to feelings" so that there is less inner suppression and tension.

Andy B

3. Josephine Chow

Josephine Chow Newcomer

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your reply, it means so much to me. I will take you advices and be more patience. I finished the pain recovery program and on day 18 of structured educational program. Today is the first day I go back to Yoga class and fit dance class, I hope that is not too much for me. It was difficult the first 10 minutes in the yoga class, and then I feel good and finish the whole class. I'm still in pain (lower back, buttock and sciatica), at least it did not get worst after two classes. I will stick with it because it is important to resume all my physical activity.