1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 40 Travel/Vacation & Symptoms & Next Steps

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by SSS, Jan 20, 2022.

1. SSS

SSS Peer Supporter

I've noticed over the years that when I go on vacation or even travel for work, my symptoms typically decrease. Same thing happened last week, although I also had some stomach pain which I couldn't tell if it was due to some food I ate or symptom migration.

Any ideas on why I get better when I'm away and then I come home and have pain? My main concern is pelvic pain which onsets after walking. Walking is my favorite (and main) form of exercise but worry about the pain coming on after makes me tense up before and during the walk.

The weird thing is I typically walk a lot on vacations and travel (same as this time) and don't have pain, but I come home and go for a shorter walk and end up with pain....

I try to remind myself that this is not structural and is TMS, but it still really makes me tense and worried. Its not the worst pain, but very frustrating...

I'm on day 40 of the structured program and while I have found it helpful, I'm definitely not cured yet and I think I will try the other program on this Wiki next. I've also been slowly reading the Mind Body Connection

2. JTaylor

JTaylor New Member

I also feel like my symptoms tend to get a lot better when I’m on vacation. I think it might be because we are more relaxed and don’t need to think about the stresses of our daily lives so often. I think that when we are on vacation our mind knows that we are supposed to relax, even if we are doing activities such as walking, but in our daily lives we often feel as though we have to be busy all the time which prevents us from feeling truly relaxed.

SSS likes this.