1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 4 Tooth Pain

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by jokeysmurf, Apr 16, 2019.

1. jokeysmurf

jokeysmurf Well known member

Day 4 I had a decent day. Had an old anxiety come up, one that I have been slowly working at. Years back I had a panic attack while I was fasting. My brain attached to the feeling of hunger and from then on would generate panic attacks twice a day, at lunch usually and around dinner time. At its worst I was having a panic almost every 3-5 hours or even digestion of food could set it off. I had to convince my self I was t hypoglycemic. I did several blood fasting tests and they were all obviously normal. I had merely conditioned myself to be afraid of the sensation of hunger.

Eventually I came to challenge these experiences and started to do corrective things. Sit with the panic, see it through and uncouple the fear with the sensations. It has taken about 2 years but every now and again in the evening when my hunger is much stronger, panic will set in.

Today I sat with it and I felt the hunger and just enjoyed feeling alive and grateful for the sensation. I felt calmness after the panic rode itself out. A few hours before while at work I started getting some blips of tooth pain. First the front teeth then it would jump to the bottom and then go away then come back and settle in the molars.

Is tooth pain TMS? Last time I went to the dentist he never mentioned anything about me having weak enamel even though I don’t use conventional tooth paste. My gums were healthy. I have only ever had 1 cavity and it wasn’t a full cavity but he filled it anyway, I was 32 at the time. That being said the pain moves around then settles in one area then I feel 2/3 of my teeth in pain? C’mon 2/3? That’s a lot of teeth. Either this is TMS or I am losing half my teeth to weakened enamel or cavities which aren’t even there.

This morning it’s mostly on my right lower molars. But as of last night the pain eventually went away. The pain actually woke me up today.

I suspect TMS but haven’t heard of too many people with tooth pain.

2. birdsetfree

birdsetfree Well known member

Yes tooth pain is a symptom imperative too. I get it sometimes, had a checkup and nothing wrong

3. jokeysmurf

jokeysmurf Well known member

Well damn, how sneaky!

I figured it out eventually when it went away for several hours then came back in a different location.

4. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

yep. JUst had it.... Use the search feature on the forum and you'll find a lot of tooth/teeth TMS issues.