1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

TONIGHT WITH STEVE! Call-in Discussion on Steve Ozanich Book Chapter 9: Memes

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021), Oct 15, 2013.

1. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Our good friend Steve Ozanich says he will probably be able to join us tonight at 9 pm central time
    for the TMSWiki discussion of Chapter 9 of his book The Great Pain Deception. It's a chapter about memes (rhymes with dreams) which is about how friends, relatives, even doctors who tell us we may be in structural pain may very well be wrong about that and the pain is caused by TMS and our repressed emotions. It promises to be a lively hour as members share their experiences on this important subject regarding our ability to heal from pain.

This Tuesday, October 15, the call-in discussion group will be discussing Chapter 9 (What Did You Meme by That?) in Steve Ozanich's book The Great Pain Deception starting at 9 pm Eastern Time. It lasts an hour, sometimes a little longer. Phone lines will open half an hour early so you can talk to hosts and early callers. Here's how to join the discussion (for detailed instructions, visit http://go.tmswiki.org/connect ):

· If you're connecting by phone, dial 1 (347) 817-7654 and when prompted enter the meeting number 18311499.

· If you're connecting via your computer (Fuze Meeting), go to www.fuzemeeting.com/fuze/app/48fb7aa8/18311499 and follow the instructions from there.
    For more information, visit www.tmswiki.org/ppd/Call-In_Peer_Discussion_Group .

2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

If we have the callers we had last week its going to be awesome, Steve being on
    will really help a lot of folks with their repressions and how to do the work to discover them.

This is going to be a good chapter, I think everyone has had memes.

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

I think every doctor gives their patients memes.

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Politicians, too.

5. BruceMC

BruceMC Beloved Grand Eagle

When I started reading Steve O's chapter 9 on memes, I couldn't help but think of that old ELO song, "Can't Get It Out of My Head":

On a darker note, it also reminded me of
    Leni Riefenstahl’s Nazi propanda film: Triumph of the Will:

The explicit message about the rebirth of German national unity also contains an implicit message of aggression and conquest.

Then, there's Eric Auerbach's famous book Mimesis about the role of realistic representation in Western art, the Hebrew in the Old Testament vis a vis the classical in Graeco-Roman art.

It's obvious that we're all swimming in a sea of memes with often contradictory and competing messages, messages that are always attempting to invade our consciousness and change us for the better or worse.

BruceMC

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  6. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

My dog gives me memes with her yes, but they're loving and supportive.