1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

TMS zoom book club or support groups???

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by mimi901, Feb 9, 2021.

Tags:
  1. mimi901

mimi901 New Member

Are there any weekly TMS zoom book clubs (read Dr. Sarno etc.) or discussion groups out there? (also avoiding Facebook - since I watched the social dilemma too).

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Here on the forum we have a weekly chat at 3pm US Eastern (New York) time.

On the top menu bar, where you can currently see choices such as "Members" or "Help", the word "Chat" will appear as a new choice shortly before the start, and a red flag will show how many people are participating. I think that the room "opens" at about ten minutes prior, but people typically don't show up until the host logs in and the red flag pops up at the top of the hour.

plum likes this.
  3. mimi901

mimi901 New Member

Thanks, I do attend the chat. Any LIVE options? zoom? Mimi

4. Brajesh

Brajesh New Member

I'm planning to do a weekly chat on clubhouse.
    Those that are interested please reply to this message so I know the interest.

5. braveheart

braveheart Peer Supporter

I'm interested but like mimi901 I prefer something that includes visual, like via Zoom. What is clubhouse???

6. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

A few years ago we did have weekly audio/video discussions of TMS books on this site. @Forest moderated along with a few other members. Sometimes the author would join us. I enjoyed it. I think it became too time consuming for the moderators. If someone else is willing to step up to moderate, I think it would be well attended.

plum and braveheart like this.
  7. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

I suspect that many people prefer the anonymity of the forum and the written format.

plum likes this.
  8. Laleah Shoo Shoo

Laleah Shoo Shoo Peer Supporter

Hi there, i too am thinking of a zoom group where many of us (or 5 or 6 lets say) can share our improvements and hope,
    supporting one another. I'm not sure when you were thinking of.....If i had a choice, i'd love to have something to do
    during the evenings (i'm on PT) as these are long stretches of being with such pain. Anyway, take good care and hope to hear back

9. Laleah Shoo Shoo

P.S. i meant that evenings are the long stretches of time....where i need something other (these days) that just being with the pain.
    At this particular time, i am unable to sit and read a book, watch a film, do much really. Not feeling sorry for myself, these are simply the facts.
    Nerve pain is making it quite impossible to find positions. I can stand at the computer, however, if on a zoom. okey dokey, enough explaining ;-)

Brajesh likes this.
  10. Brajesh

Brajesh New Member

11. Laleah Shoo Shoo

Hi Brajesh,

Oh gosh, that's too bad. That would be 8:00 am for me. I'm barely awake at that time ;-)
    Thank's for your reply

be well -)

Brajesh likes this.
  12. hawaii_five0

hawaii_five0 Well known member

Depending on how you feel about spending any or some money, there are some coaches who offer something. For example Dan Buglio has two weekly group coaching Zoom calls every Wednesday at 1 pm and 7 pm eastern (I think his membership, which includes other things, is $100/month). I have not actually done it, but I've heard from others on here that they are pretty good, basically just people talking about their issues, progress, setbacks, etc. with him moderating. I am not trying to sell him but I like his free YouTube video talks, he posts a new video every day, they are shortish, like 5-15 min long. Very relaxed and full of positive calm helpful info. You could check them out first. But possibly other coaches also offer something like a group weekly meeting, I don't know.

13. Laleah Shoo Shoo

Hi there, Hawaii
    So good of you to write. I haven't been around this site for a few years...I will have a listen to the YouTube videos you mentioned. Also, see what coaches are offering. and even
    perhaps the Wednesday 7 p.m.

14. Laleah Shoo Shoo

P.S. Hawaii, yesterday i decided to give Dan's zoom get togethers and the rest of the content from that programme, a try. All of what he talks of and practices there, is
    necessary and indispensable. At the same time, i do that for some people, not the majority....work with very stuck fight/flight put into a freeze early on in life..and often later with severe trauma...
    Also needs to be addressed. So, i attend to that with a wonderful Somatic Experiencing facilitator trained by the wonderful Peter A. Levine. Anyway, with my devout spiritual practice (not religious), combined with the rest...oh, how i hope to be free of this unbelievable pain. I hope you are doing as well as can be xoxoxoxo

hawaii_five0 likes this.
  15. hawaii_five0

hawaii_five0 Well known member

Thanks and likewise best of luck to you. For sure a spiritual connection is a really good thing and very helpful.

Just read up on Somatic Experiencing, interesting. Thanks for the info.

16. Laleah Shoo Shoo

You're so welcome. Some typos earlier, hope you read through them haha. Difficult to type standing up and bent over the keyboard. (pain)
    I meant to type: At the same time, i "know" for some people......... Oh terrif...reading up on somatic experiencing.....very nuanced work, gentle and so profoud
    all at once, slowly and carefully unwinding the 'stuck' and frozen places within due to habits put into our nervous system so long ago. I hope you're well!

hawaii_five0 likes this.
  17. KevinMartilloViner

KevinMartilloViner Peer Supporter