1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

TMS without pain at tender points?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Stuart, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Stuart

Stuart New Member

I'm reading Dr. Sarno's book and am convinced the source of my back pain is TMS. I do not,however, have the tenderness at the tender points that the Dr. describes. Is this unusual or are there others who are the same?

2. Mark

Mark New Member

Nor do it. If that helps

3. BruceMC

BruceMC Beloved Grand Eagle

Well, if you have pain in the lower lumbar region, on either side of your back, then at least one of the TMS trigger points is tender. The TMS trigger points don't have to be painful, but rather sensitive to palpitation. Have you had a TMS doctor examine you and determine that? Or is your conclusion that you don't have any based on your own subjective impression? Of course, it is possible to have TMS without any sensitive trigger points.

4. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

i never had tenderness and this was a main concern of mine with severe pain in my lumbar area-but i had everything else that screamed tms-i never got to see a tms dr before i got healed-this was a pain that lasted over 16 yrs and i healed in three months...thank god...now im not saying think about time limits -just put the work in and you will heal-im new here-i posted all my journey to this point on the tmsforum so as i catch on how to trail this awesome site i will be able to know more about your story-how long have you been hurting

5. BruceMC

BruceMC Beloved Grand Eagle

Some people, myself included, have written out their life story on their Profile page in this forum. You can check those out there. But you may also want to look at the section entitled "Success Stories" to see how your own story relates to the TMS recovery process. I had a massive back pain attack 10 years ago a few months following my mother's death. Got rid of it with physical therapy but I realize now that only reinforced my mis-perception that it was due to something physical like a herniated disk. However, when the pain came back 3 or 4 years ago I started reading Dr Sarno's books and began getting better. My first TMS attack obviously had to do with the death of my mother following a long illness when I had to abandon my own life to take care of her. Intrinsically enraging experience I'd say now although you aren't aware of it at the time when you're playing the hero, being good and perfect. However, I really improved after doing the Structural Education Program (SEP) available here on the TMS Wiki. Then, I did the workbook by Howard Schubiner entitled Unlearn Your Pain while listening to the enclosed meditation CD. From attending the chat groups that meet each Saturday, I've gain a lot of perspective on the underlying psychological conditions that cause TMS by meeting and talking with other people in the same boat. Gives you some perspective and helps with your own healing too. I'd recommend attending one of those because collectively you can get a lot of information from many different sources. Sure glad to hear you're healing up after 16 years. The 4 years I've spent hurting since my relapse in 2008 have been quite long enough if you know what I mean!

Here's a link to the "Success Stories" forum:

http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/forums/success-stories-forum.27/

6. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

thanks morcomm i apprietiate your help-will do and keep the fire burning....god bless