1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 8 TMS Wiki

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Jilly, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Jilly

Jilly Well known member

Per the TMS Wikki Program we are to post our progress... It is day 8 and I can honestly say I am doing better ! I am learning so much and feel grateful to have the support of the forum administrators and TMS folks.

Recently, I noticed even before starting the program, is that if I had a bad headache or a stubbed toe for example the low back pain would subside. The two experiences did not coexist at the same time. I noticed then, that pain does move and now question why does it move, shift , and morph if indeed it is 'structural' ? How can this 'structural pain' completely shift when a new pain (distraction) is present? Does it just cease to be in existence ?

A true Ah-Hah moment as Oprah would say. This was a big pat on the back for me as I know an integral part of TMS recovery is to understand and fully believe this concept. The pain is not structural, we don't need to baby our backs, ankles or elbows, and the pain truly is a distraction away from uncomfortable feelings, thoughts, desires...and etc. There is nothing wrong with our backs !

I am working on my dreams, journaling, reading, listening to webinars, and chatting with other TMS members, and applying the principles. I am convinced, I am just fine and this is a process that I fully embrace for life long health and wellness - physically, mentally, spiritually and emotionally.

Let no man separate what God has brought together. The mind and body cannot be separated, in sickness and health, for better or worse...till death do us part.

I had no idea the wedding vows could be applied in this way, till I wrote it out in my journal one night. I was stunned. ~ Jilly

JanAtheCPA and veronica73 like this.
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Nice, Jilly!

Jilly likes this.
  3. Jilly

Jilly Well known member

Yes ! kinda cool what journaling will let out of the bag !;)