1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 8 TMS Treatment to this point.

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Bowen, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Bowen

Bowen Peer Supporter

I have been doing the structured program everyday. Journaling has uncovered some common themes from my childhood or should I say unpleasant feelings. Also current unpleasant feeling. I have been focusing on trying to feel the emotions instead of the pain. I say "Give me the feelings not the pain' and try and think psychological instead of physical when I start to focus on the symptoms. My physical symptoms are always there no matter what I do. I have been talking to my brain a little and telling it to settle down. I have been listening to the audio book of the mind body prescription every night. I am working on accepting myself fully which means including the unpleasant feelings and not judging myself for them. I am also not trying to make them go away; just accept that they are there for now.

So far I havent had any physical relief but I am trying not to focus on that too much. I have had a pretty crazy ride over the last 14 years since this started and also before the physical symptoms started. I dont expect it to happen overnight but it would be nice!!

2. Lori

Lori Well known member

hi Bowen. It takes as long as it takes, and now you know you're on the right track! Being gentle and loving with yourself is important. I like that you've tuned into acceptance too.
    I found journaling very important in my healing process.
    :)