1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Tms Psychotherapy

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Tudor, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Tudor

Tudor Newcomer

Hello, all!
    My name is Tudor and I am 23. Although I am not new here, it's my first post on the forum. It wasn't necessary to write sth my own so far, so I have just read the posts of the other users. Now, I feel I need some help. It's been 3 and half years since I've read Healing back pain. Although I got relief from many symptoms after reading it, some symptoms remained. For instance the stiffness in my muscles which prevented me from doing sports never went away. Besides new symptoms appeared(after one year) like: depression, anxiety, ocd, phobias, obsessions, all kinds of worries,, difficulty in decision making, guilt, non-stop thinking, day dreaming etc. I became aware these psychological symptoms are tms only recently as I restarted reading some of the Sarno's books. What concerns me is this symptom imperative that is at work constantly. I have always known tms causes me symptoms but, it's amazing how my psyche create new ones all the time. I mean it does not stop. Now I am more knowledgeable and I hope I won't be tricked by psychological symptoms as I was in the last years. However they are so powerful, often they just take a lot of my attention, this horrible depression and obsessive thoughts. In conclusion, I thought about a tms therapist. As I live in Romania, I think my only option is to have some sessions on skype. Can you recommend me somebody that is good at this and has a small/decent price? The only therapist I talked to is in San Francisco and told me the price is at least 150$ there for 50 min. It is way too much for me considering the salaries in my country. Thank you so much! Wish you fast and and permanent recovery! :)

P. S: If you know a therapist, you can also send me a private message if you cdont want to post here. Thanks!

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Tudor, I'm sorry you're still struggling with symptoms. We have two free programs here, but perhaps you've tried those.

@Alan Gordon LCSW has an online practice called Pain Psychology Center, and they might use a sliding scale for fees.

We also have some non-licensed TMS coaches who ought to charge less than licensed therapists. I'm thinking of @Miriam G. Bongiovanni who is in Malta, @Andy B (but he's off climbing mountains for the summer), @KevinMartilloViner... are there others I'm forgetting?

3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

4. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

I’m pretty sure Alan offers lower rates if your happy working with an intern. @Tudor, it won’t hurt to ask.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  5. Tudor

Tudor Newcomer

Thank you both of you! I will inquire about the person's you told me about :D

6. grapefruit

grapefruit Peer Supporter

After healing from Sarno I too experienced such stiffness upon playing sports again, but I found the only way forward was to push through it. I remember the first time getting back on the soccer field (after being bedridden!) my hips and back were so stiff I could not sprint properly. It was embarrassing, although how much anyone else actually noticed I don't know. But I figured, it took me one hundred times of sitting in a chair to eliminate pain associated with sitting in a chair, so it would take sprinting one hundred times to elimate the symptoms associated with that. And it did. Eventually, over a few months, I could sprint normally again. Ozanich's story of how he swung hundreds of golf clubs every day in his book The Great Pain Deception was really inspiring in this area.

Tennis Tom likes this.
  7. Timbercat

Timbercat Well known member

Tudor,
    I have skyped with Pain Psychology Center interns for several months. It is my understanding that they are not available in the summer but will start again in September. The interns last year charged $80-85.00/ 50 minutes. I found them to be very helpful. Fees may change in the fall but that's what I recall from last year. Good luck to you.

8. Tudor

Tudor Newcomer

Thank you for advice ! It's exactly what I am doing right now. I am running several times a week, and it's getting better and better. Last time I run 5 kilometers with very little pain

9. Tudor

Tudor Newcomer

I just sent a message to the center. Waiting for reply :D

10. Miriam G. Bongiovanni

Miriam G. Bongiovanni Peer Supporter

Hi Tudor,

I just sent you a message. Wishing you all the best!