1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

TMS or Trauma

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by newarrior, Jan 1, 2020.

1. newarrior

newarrior Peer Supporter

Hurt my hands in a massage 11 months ag0; n0 broken bones
    Same thing happened 2 days ag0; slammed my hands hard into my floor killing bugs

Seems like my hands never recovered from either incident--pain, weaknesses, nerve damaged, fingers mangled

Thoughts ? Thanks !

2. birdsetfree

birdsetfree Well known member

Pain, weaknesses, nerve damage and mangled fingers sounds way too dramatic for killing bugs on the floor. You say they are the same symptoms as before when you hurt your hands in a massage, but your hands would be well healed after 11 months with no broken bones. So I would definitely say this is TMS at play using the opportunity to draw you into preoccupation.

Tennis Tom likes this.
  3. newarrior

newarrior Peer Supporter

The original injury was from a massage where the massuese violently pulled my hand at the end of the massage; the two recent injuries were where I slammed my hands into the floor hard