1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

TMS or Pregnancy sypmtoms

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by beccaboo, Sep 12, 2018.

1. beccaboo

beccaboo New Member

HI all

so ive been doing really well up unitl a few weeks ago, ive been using dr sarnos work along with my other healing treatments that have worked miracles on me, any way my m.e and chronic pain had gotten say 70 to 80 percent better, compared to the hell I was in 6 month ago, I came down with the flu say 3 weeks ago which always scares a cfs sufferer as the symptoms are the same, but I told my brain its just flu and crack on with life, then after the flu, I start feeling the time of the month coming (sorry guys) and I think aw mann I just got over the flu now this, it always makes my symptoms worse, so again I tell myself I can do it, sooo a week goes by and im feeling super tired and a little more crazy and sore than a usual period, and as im not regular I didn't get concerned that the arrival of the period was late. Then bam I decide to do a pregnancy test, thinking it wont show up as ive never caught before and im sure I just cant have kids. bam two lones come up and im in shock. So after a few more tests and some excitement I realise I never had the flu and I was becoming up the duff as we say.
    Now because I feel so shit, my mind is going nuts, is it just pregnancy tired, or is my tms gripping onto me, my pain was low so I tell myself no its not the tms as the pain would get worse too, or maybe it just wants to make me tired, ahhhh my mind is thinking soo much. now im terrified as I don't want to have a baby that I cant look after, I mean I want the baby I just don't want to struggle, I cant bare the thought of feeling worse.

im just looking for some advice to get my head back on level, as ive gone into fear mode, more fear of having symptoms when the baby gets here, I can get a grip on okay, pregnancy you feel shit so just ride it, but the thought of omg if I feel shit after birth how will I cope.

any advice for an emotional mental gal ? x

2. Rosebud

Rosebud Peer Supporter

Congrats! Pregnancy can make you really tired, especially in the first three months (and at the very end, of course), but it shouldn't cause any (extra) pain, I don't think.

3. beccaboo

beccaboo New Member

thanks, I havnt had more pain its just the fatigue feels like cfs fatigue so its hard to tell if its pregnancy symptoms or tms or both

4. Lizzy

Lizzy Well known member

Beccaboo,

Congratulations to you! I would really like to know the TMS ins and outs concerning pregnancy. Unfortunately I don't think anyone is looking into it.

Yes, pregnancy can make you really tired, but I think it is a good idea to explore how much TMS may contribute to how you're feeling. Even a planned pregnancy is full of confusing feelings. Excitement and anxiety, giddy happiness and fear of the unknown, a goal reached and a lot of goals ahead. Oh goodness, I could go on and on.

In reading your post I think you're worked up, and that is normal. However, you have a lot of tools for calming down your system and I think working on that might be good for you. Then I think you will be able to access the situation and see better what is pregnancy and what is TMS.

When I was pregnant 30 years ago I was in Bradley child birth classes. They were losing popularity to Lamaze. The Bradley method said fear and tension were the cause of much of the pain during childbirth. Have you heard the stories of third world countries where they step away from the fields, have a baby, then put it on their back and get back to work? Maybe that is exaggerated, but the whole fear and tension thing sounds awfully familiar.

I hope you feel better physically and emotionally soonest!!
    Lizzy