1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

TMS/MindBody/Psychosomatic Books on Audible?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Freedom, Nov 27, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Freedom

Freedom Peer Supporter

I have read "Heal Your Back Pain" by Sarno many times now, and love it because: 1. You pick up something new every time 2. Its only around 3 hours so easy to re-read many times

I have also purchased "The Mindbody Prescription" by Sarno as well.

I much prefer audiobook as I can listen to them while doing everyday tasks. Also I pay for an audible account so I might as well use the money I pay for. My question is......

I did a search on this forum for other books but they don't seem to be on audible. So I was wondering, what are some other books about TMS/ Mindbody / Psychosomatic (or whatever other terms basically mean TMS) that are written by other authors that are on Audible?

If not on audible, where else could I find them for audiobook format (so I can put them on my phone).

I would like to get perspectives by other Dr's on the same topic.

2. Freedom

Freedom Peer Supporter

These are books I find when I type "mindbody audio" into Audible. Have yall read any of these?

"Think Away Your Pain" David Schechter --Recognize this name from the forum. Anyone recommend this book?
    "The MindBody code" Mario Martinez
    SIRPA audio recordings (free mp3s on internet)

3. Freedom

Freedom Peer Supporter

Or, if there are any good audiobooks that are not by TMS authors, but are about dealing with/feeling your emotions that would be good too

4. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

5. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Great suggestion Tom. Caroline Myss is brilliant. Her first book 'Anatomy of the Spirit' really changed my life. I read it around 20 years ago during a tumultuous time and it gifted me with a rare insight. I followed her work closely for the next decade and even attended a fabulous two day talk in London, where she was on hilarious and sagacious form. It was a real privilege.

Her work is mystically based and incredibly beautiful but I appreciate that may not appeal to everyone. I adore her writings based on Teresa d'Avila whom I consider a veritable treasure trove for the TMS sufferer with a profoundly sacred inclination.

For anyone preferring more grounded stuff I'd look at 'Anatomy of Spirit', 'Why People Don't Heal and How They Can' and 'Three Levels of Power'. Another great work for those interested in the Dark Night of the Soul (St. John of The Cross) is an audio book called 'Spiritual Madness'.

Fair warning though, she can be quite a fierce woman and she does challenge our pettiness but she is very compassionate and penetrating and I find this does well.

There are tons of samples of talks on YouTube which are nice tasters but you really gain the most benefit from commiting to a whole book, be that written or audio.

Lainey and Tennis Tom like this.