1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 3 TMS lists, exercise, etc

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Heinrich, May 2, 2013.

1. Heinrich

Heinrich New Member

2. Stella

Stella Well known member

TMS also goes to a sight of a pre-existing condition. It does this to keep you distracted and thinking it is a physical problem and to create doubt that it is TMS.

I had Scoliosis surgery when I was 16 years old. I have had pain in various locations all up and down my spine... always blamed on my surgery from years ago. Now I have no neck pain, no low back pain and no pain in the middle of my back. I have a healthy spine and a healthy body.

You do too.

3. Lori

Lori Well known member

It's great that you can identify some things about which you can journal. the feelings of the little child from these events need to be processed. Need to identify how the "CHILD you" felt .

Also, the body heals remarkably well, but the brain knows how to keep us distracted by choosing the spot from an old injury! :)

4. cindy

cindy New Member

Making and re-making my lists after reading 'The Divided Mind' really made clear what needed to be on there. Like you, piano was one of the things I loved that I had to give up when my wrist pain got out of control. I'm happy to say that today, on day 16, I sat at my piano for about an hour and played (very slowly) through two movements of Ravel's Sonatine with minor pain that didn't linger afterward. Working my list has helped me realize that playing music, while therapeutic and natural for me, is also a huge vehicle for me to put unnecessary pressure on myself. Every time the pain surfaced, I reminded myself of that...and it was okay.