1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

TMS GURU?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Lala, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Lala

Lala Well known member

So who labeled me TMS GURU on my profile? I don't recall using that title myself...very funny...made me laugh

2. veronica73

veronica73 Well known member

Ha, me too!

3. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Heh, that was me. You know how, periodically, you get these alerts from the forum saying that you get a trophy for one thing or another? Well, the title that is under your name is determined by the number of these trophies you get. The way it works is that when you pass certain milestones in terms of how many posts you've made or how many times people have liked your posts, you get a "trophy" - one of those notifications. I think its something to be proud of because it means that you've helped a lot of people and that people have liked what you've written.

Each trophy gives you a certain number of "trophy" points and you can see how many trophy points someone has by clicking on their photo. Click on the following thumbnail to see the current trophies we have:
    Trophies.png
    Well, the user title that you are asking about is determined by the number of trophy points someone has. I think it's a good way to help people understand who is new and might need some help vs. who has been around for a while. Here's the settings we have for those in the administrator's control panel:​
    Trophy User Titles.png
    I changed the user title to "TMS Guru" earlier because I thought it was fun. :D I like having lots of trophies so that people are recognized for their contributions, but I thought it would be good to not have too many levels of user titles to keep things simple and non-hierarchical. With the current system, most people become a "TMS Guru" once they have made 100 posts and their posts have been liked 25 times, because at that point they have all 5 of the first 5 trophies.​
    Now that I think of it, the easiest way to see those 5 trophies is probably from the help files:​
    The trophies can titles can change at any time. I guess that that keeps us on our toes. ;)
    If anyone wants to help with the setting up stuff like that, just let me know. I think we have an awesome and supportive culture on this board, as befits a 501(c)3 nonprofit, and I think that little things like this can help with that. I try to keep it as open as possible, to keep people involved.​

4. Leslie

Leslie Well known member

This is making a whole lot more sense now! I logged in this morning to discover I had become a "Peer Supporter" and immediately began looking to find out how the change happened. I am much relieved to know that it's trophy related.

5. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

i think its awesome to post such a high grade on us supporters
    thats what we do-support-then we heal/then we support
    its all a cycle of love