1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

TMS explained in English & Hindi

Discussion in 'Mindbody Video Library' started by mike2014, Feb 19, 2016.

1. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi All,

I was exploring Youtube for clips by Dr Sarno and stumbled upon this TMS video by luck (I think it's a small part is in Hindi, but unsure). It's amazing that Dr Sarnos work is reaching all corners of the world.

Hello friends, would you be so kind as to confirm what language is being spoken, it would be so helpful for others who find this thread.

@Raj s @Mala @IndiMarshall

Mr Bhavin Shah appears to be a Life Coach in India and is familiar with TMS. His email is ssybhavin@gmail.com

Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
  2. Mala

Mala Well known member

Yes definitely Hindi but a lot of it is in English.

Mala

mike2014 likes this.
  3. Mala

Mala Well known member

@mike2014 I just finished watching the video which is excellent. The Hindi part is at most 3% & the rest is all in English. I recommend everyone watch the video. Bhavin has really explained the TMS theory in a short time very well to a very interactive audience that pose a lot of questions which he answers very well.

There is some malfunction with the mic at around 14:00 which lasts for 30 secs.

Very briefly at some point he talks about Karma = emotional pain. This is becoz many Indians being Hindu believe in the idea of reincarnation. The idea is that we carry Karma from many lifetimes so how do u know why something is coming up now at a particular time. Thankfully he doesn't allow himself to get caught up in this too much & goes on to explain only what he knows.

The best sentence is when he tells ppl not to go too much into the theory of how & why it happens. He says 'the answer to the solution for pain does not lie in where its origin is'.

He has read all of sarno books & is keen to spread the word & comes across as very knowledgeable.

I'm sure he will be of immense help to anyone who approaches him in India.

Thx for sharing this

Mala

Cap'n Spanky and mike2014 like this.
  4. mike2014

Excellent work, @Mala.

I've watched the video too, the audience seemed to be really captivated by the concept and he does summarise the key concepts very well.

I think it's hugely important to encourage people from all corners of the world to use the forum (and if we see opportunities like this, we should make the most of it). There's a huge amount of information on this site which can be utilised by patients and people who are working in the field.

Thanks for your help, I can see it being of huge reward and of help to those in India, or where the language barrier prohibits people from discovering the good Dr's work.

I'm not sure if anyone has a Youtube account, but if you do and come across this thread would you be so kind to make a post and mention the Wiki in the comments section of the above video.

Thanks

5. Mala

Mala Well known member

Mike I have also emailed Bhavin & sent him the link to our forum to acknowledge the video we put up & tell him about the TMS Wiki. Its wonderful how more & more ppl around the world r getting to know more about TMS. God knows its needed in India where back pain is an epidemic in itself. I have also cc'd Forest.

6. Mala

Mala Well known member

I just got a reply from Bhaavin Shah to my email which I have copied & pasted below.

Thanks for your kind words.
    I am doing my bit to spread the wonderful TMS message in and around Mumbai.

This forum should be of great help to my students. I earlier recommended Dr Sarnos books and will now recommend the forum as well.

Would love to keep in touch with the forum.
    Pl pass my gratitude to the gentleman who uploaded my video.

I wish I had spoken only in English and spared the viewers some inconvenience.

Thanks on behalf of the world,

Like me on: www.facebook.com/ssybhavin
    Follow me on: www.twitter.com/ssybhavin
    Subscribe me on: www.youtube.com/ssybhavin

Bhaavin

North Star likes this.
  7. mike2014

Ahh, what a polite and nice Gentleman. I'm looking forward to him being an addition to the community. Thanks kindly for the update @Mala.

8. Mala

Mala Well known member

9. Raj s

Raj s Peer Supporter

Hi Mike, thanks for the video.. Just now saw this message

10. mike2014

11. Mala

Mala Well known member

Hello mike. Sorry for not getting back earlier.

I have actually not heard from Bhaavin but sent him a quick email just minutes ago.

His website is interesting & covers many topics.

I will let u know when & if he replies.

regards

Mala

12. Mala

Mala Well known member

Hi @mike2014. I got a v prompt reply from Bhaavin which I have copied here.

Nice to hear from you
    Yes i recall our exchange
    and so wonderful of you to check on me

I haven't been doing any TMS Seminars as such currently
    My website however does have a couple of posts on the same from past.

You will find them through this: http://www.bhaavinshah.com/?s=tms
    Pl feel free to post
    i do share about tmswiki with my students

Incidentally,
    I have also been doing a lot of michael browns work
    Dr Sarno mentioned Michael to be one of the best people who explains the workings of the unconscious (though he may/may not be aware of TMS)

thanks for the great work,
    B

mike2014 likes this.
  13. mike2014

Thanks kindly Mala, I hope you are having a marvellous day.

With kindness