1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

TMS doctor in Melbourne Australia

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by whitebeach, Jun 17, 2016.

1. whitebeach

whitebeach New Member

Hi,
    I am looking for a TMS doctor in Victoria Australia. Can anyone help?

2. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes....

Hal Greenham
    182 Main Rd,
    Eltham VIC 3095
    Melbourne 3000 Australia
    Phone: 0402 409 236 (International callers dial +61 402 409 236)
    Email: info@mindbodyhealing.com.au

Best regards,

3. whitebeach

whitebeach New Member

Thanks but I was looking for a MD doctor who can tell me if I have TMS.

4. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

There's Dr James Alexander, but he may be too far for a visit, but I'm sure he does Skype consults...

http://www.drjamesalexander-psychologist.com/

James Alexander, PhD
    115 Keen St, Lismore
    PO Box 829, Lismore NSW 2480
    Australia
    Phone: 0410836690
    Fax: (02)66224234

5. Karrie

Karrie New Member

I think James Alexander is a psychologist. I don't think we have any TMS doctors in Australia unfortunately.

6. Colly

Colly Beloved Grand Eagle

Mike - on the ball as always!

Hi Whitebeach. I live in Melbourne and have seen Hal and had a skype with James. Both sessions were good but were part of my overall TMS healing approach - getting their opinion and guidance along the way.

The main thing you need to do is find a very compassionate doctor who listens... yes they are a rare breed. They don't have to be a TMS doctor. What's important is that they need to rule out anything serious, perhaps with additional testing. Once this is ruled out, then regardless of your doubt (which we all have especially in the beginning of our healing journey), start to apply TMS healing techniques straight away, because this will calm your tension down and allow your body to heal itself.

When you see your doctor just be careful if you introduce the TMS concept as they may not be open minded. Many doctors just don't get it, which can feel very discouraging if you open the topic. Get yourself a doctor who you can build a good rapport with, as this in itself will soothe your mind and body too.

My doctor is Tina Toh in East Brunswick, though all the doctors in this clinic are great. Clinic is on Blyth street - just off Sydney road.

All the best on your journey.