1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

TMS Conference

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Jilly, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Jilly

Jilly Well known member

I finished watching the TMS conference that Forest posted and it was very good. Dr. Schubiner, Forest, and Alan Gordon really helped me understand concepts at a much deeper level. Dr. Sarno states, the corner stone of treating TMS is education and deep acceptance of the condition. They presented patient case loads, personal experiences with TMS and the therapeutic treatment. This helped me immensely reach a deeper level of understanding, which will facilitate my healing. I hope to see more !

Forest and veronica73 like this.
  2. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes, Howard and Alan really are terrific communicators and know a tremendous amount about TMS. They continue to be very active and, I think, are effectively making PPD/TMS their life's work. Alan is starting up a clinic in LA with a number of other therapists that he will train. I spoke with Howard earlier this week and he mentioned that he is working on an ebook about unlearning anxiety and depression. Like Dr. Sarno, who has been teaching this idea for a while, he sees anxiety and depression as TMS equivalents. While he hasn't yet made any official announcements, I certainly hope he decides to publish it and look forward to reading it. On his website he has posted a free hour long lecture for patients. There is also quite a bit of other video linked to from his homepage and elsewhere on his site. When I've interacted with him, he's always been a tremendously generous man and I guess that is borne out in the way that he shares resources online. Sometimes I wonder if it is because of all of the meditation he has done. :) Here at the Peer Network, we're also building a new page to link to all of our webinars so that it will be easier for people to find things.

veronica73 likes this.
  3. tarala

tarala Well known member

That is such a good idea Forest. They are so useful, and it's not always easy to tell where they are. Good work as usual.