1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

TMS Audios

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by toast, Nov 3, 2017.

1. toast

toast New Member

Hi Everyone!

Long time lurker here and have been on the TMS journey for a few years. I have a google alert that tells me when anything "TMS" related pops up and today I found this. I purchased Maggie Phillips' The Pain Solution and it is awesome! I was wondering if anyone has used any of the other audios that aren't Sarno's books? I've heard great things of Claire Weekes, so I may look into those next.

Thank you!
    Cindy

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2017
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Claire Weekes is brilliant for anxiety. Hope & Help For Your Nerves was the second book that saved my life (after The Divided Mind). I suffered from anxiety all my life, and by the time I discovered Dr. Sarno in 2011, I was starting to experience disabling panic attacks, but Claire Weekes gave me practical information and skills to get over those. Many people here love her audio programs.

I did purchase one audio program that I found incredibly helpful in understanding how our brains want to stay negative - it's called Meditations To Change Your Brain, by Rick Hanson PhD and Richard Mendius MD. It really took me to another level in my recovery. You can get it on Amazon, but I downloaded it for a good price from Sounds True, which is a terrific site for lots of good books and digital programs, and they have frequent sales.

~Jan

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  3. toast

toast New Member

Thank you so much Jan!

I am on Part 2 - Track 4, Hypnosis for Mindfulness, of Maggie Phillip's Pain Solution - which just feels like a mindfulness meditation for pain and other physical manifestations and my pain vanished after 15 minutes. Right after I could also walk without it feeling like I've never had knee pain and the weakness + instability were gone. It came back after my anxiety creeped up, but with practice I feel like I can do this!

I've already had high confidence, but this just takes it home. Can't wait to complete this program and integrate it and then start with Claire Weekes and Meditations To Change Your Brain!

Thank you so much! I love the audios. I will contact zip ship right now!

-Cindy

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2017
  4. toast

toast New Member

For some reason the link has been removed:

Links were removed by a moderator, and the poster was notified

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2017