1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

TMS and the Wiki

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Steve Ozanich, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Steve Ozanich

Steve Ozanich TMS Consultant

Every time someone contacts me I ask them how they found me. 10 years ago it was almost always from a relative. Now, it's about 30% from this Wiki, 50% from recommendations of people who have read my book, 10% other pain sites, 5% YouTube, 5% just scanning Amazon.

This Wiki is so much more important than people realize. I've been talking about TMS since about 1999, watching it evolve. This place is helping people heal. You may not hear it as much as you like, because when they heal, they finally understand how important it is to stop thinking about it, and reinforcing it. So they move on. It's often a silent hero.

It's very important to have a central hub for TMS, where curious people can head for information. I try to plug this network every time I can. I hope this Wiki keeps expanding, evolving, and reaching out. From what I see here today it looks like it is. I see many more videos posted, and a program designed by Alan Gordon. I haven't seen it yet but I'm sure it's good. He does good work. I hope to get time soon to look through it.

As everyone here knows, TMS is a hard sell. People have been brainwashed into believing they are forever broken. So the process will be slow, but it will move forward. You cannot stop the expansion of consciousness.

Many radio hosts begin our conversations with, "well, TMS is a good idea, but it doesn't pertain to me, I have (fill in blank)." But I know that what they have is TMS because not only did I heal from most of what they have, but the TMS docs are healing those people at very high rates from the disorders they tell me.

So, as in life, it's all about how the message is conveyed. I've always contended that how a message is conveyed is as important as the message itself. Teaching is an artform. But you can't teach a closed mind anything.

My own message has evolved from, what TMS is, to defending it, to asking people why they don't want to heal.

Steve

JanAtheCPA and Anne Walker like this.
  2. KathyBee

KathyBee Peer Supporter

The way you say it really makes a lot of difference. And the wiki really says it well.
    When I was in high school the doctor was not able to find any physical reasons for my problems. He said it was all in my head. But the way he said it was very rude and belittling. And there was no guidance for helping me heal either.
    Part of me suspected it was true. The other part of me was very defensive to the idea because of the way it was presented to me earlier.