1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 29 TMS and sneezing

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by futuredancer, Apr 3, 2013.

1. futuredancer

futuredancer Peer Supporter

God, I felt ridiculous this morning. I was lying in my bed feeling the usual hip pain and then I felt a sneeze coming. And then I panicked for a second, thinking "this is really going to make my hip hurt really bad". And of course my muscles tightened up with fear and when I sneezed it hurt A LOT! and for the whole morning my hip was in a lot of pain. If it was sth structural and I had displaced some part in my hip, I would still be hurting just as bad. And I am simply back to where I was before sneezing. It is so ridiculous. TMS is a b*tch!

2. Stella

Stella Well known member

I leave my parents apartment and I get a cough on a regular basis. Tms is sneaky.

3. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Your unconscious will try pretty much everything to get you focusing on your symptoms. The one telling thing in your post was that you thought before you sneezed that it was going to hurt really bad. This is something that we all have to go through in our recovery. When you are starting out it is natural to first think how is it going to effect your pain level. Of course in time you realize that this is simply your TMS distraction in action. The good part is that you were able to make the connection that it was TMS.

4. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

I had to laugh at this sneezing post, because it has happened to me too! I think it's the ultimate example of "psyching ourselves out!"