1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 8 TMS always attacks you in the most vulnerable hard to believe places

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Tacosaurus Tex, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Tacosaurus Tex

Tacosaurus Tex New Member

Ok, so I have the classic "moving around symptoms." Two months I had pain in my testes. I convinced myself that I had TMS and the pain went away. Then I had bad insomnia. I went through the TMS structured program on this wiki for one week, and the insomnia is pretty much gone. Now I have annoying pressure in my ears, what seems like a sinus infection. What's ridiculous is this is obviously another TMS equivalent, but part of me still doesn't believe it. Part of me says, "what if this is a horrible tooth infection...after all when's the last time you've been to the dentist? There's a good chance you might have to live with this uncomfortable condition for the rest of your life, blah, blah, blah..."

It's like TMS finds the most vulnerable place to attack. I have anxiety about the dentist, so boom weird pain in my head that I can connect to possible teeth neglect. I always ask myself "but what if it ISN'T TMS this time?" The rational answer is of course, just treat it like it is. If after a few weeks the symptoms don't abate, go to the doctor. However, the last thing I want to do is jump to the doctor's office every time I get a new symptom "just to be sure." Ok, so I'm not sure I don't have a real problem with my current ear pain. However, I AM sure that I have TMS. So the logical thing is to treat these shifting symptoms as if they are TMS.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  2. Pandagirl

Pandagirl Peer Supporter

Hey Tex! I can relate to what you are going through. I've abolished 75% of my symptoms because I took away the power they had over me. In the very beginning I had shooting pain in my ears, pressure like my head was going to explode and the soreness in the roof of my mouth. Once I had proof that nothing sinister was going on, it went away. I'm actively working on the last 25%, but I get stuck on trying to figure it out and the fear that it isn't TMS. Our minds are pretty clever this way!

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  3. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Tacosaurus Tex)- Ok, so I have the classic "moving around symptoms." Two months I had pain in my testes. I convinced myself that I had TMS and the pain went away. Then I had bad insomnia. I went through the TMS structured program on this wiki for one week, and the insomnia is pretty much gone. Now I have annoying pressure in my ears, what seems like a sinus infection. What's ridiculous is this is obviously another TMS equivalent, but part of me still doesn't believe it. Part of me says, "what if this is a horrible tooth infection...after all when's the last time you've been to the dentist? There's a good chance you might have to live with this uncomfortable condition for the rest of your life, blah, blah, blah..."

Eric)- Hello TT nice to see you here talking about some great tms thoughts
    id like to weigh in some options to help you along- Your doing great by keeping this tms on the run,
    That says your onto it, but you said you weren't sure about this pressure in your ears and a sinus infection.
    Have you had it checked out to rule out if it is an infection ?

Now with that being said- I have some insights and questions ok

Do you get up everyday expecting a good day, just acknowledging that life is great?
    Do you worry as little as possible till you recondition yourself not to worry?
    Are you in good relationships with all aspects of your life? like do you enjoy your job,
    is your health good other than the pressure or tooth pain?

See the reason I ask this is because when we get out of balance emotionally with our relationship to life in general
    then our mind will create tms to let you know you need to get back into balance.
    You said "what if its a horrible tooth infection?" -
    This is fear base so we start there ok.

So we use the rage soothe ratio- as in do you use meditations seriously and intentionally,
    and emotionally everyday, say taking the weekends off.
    Do you do things just for fun, do you have old hobbies that you stopped doing a while back
    cause they got boring, you might need to invent some ideas for fun that you like to do.

Staying in balance is some work for us all and I know your up for what can stop this symptom imperative Ferris wheel

We wake up daily and in the morning first thing most of us do is go through the daily motions
    of getting dressed, drinking the coffee, watching the news with all its pain and dramatic episodes.
    We often march without ever thinking that this early morning is the best time to pull yourself back into relationship with life.

When we continue to have symptoms we usually continue to focus on all the symptoms and often miss the point.
    What is the point? - These symptoms are telling us to put our armor on every morning of every day
    so we can face the tensions and stresses of our day to day lives.

With that being said we do good to condition our minds to want this vital nutrient of strength and courage called
    imaging and soothing, it sets your thoughts in the right direction to win the strain battle that will ensue as the day marches on.
    If your not prepared with a dose of daily inspiration and confidence then your going to get stressed and have fear which creates symtoms.

What is this armor,

1) Relationship, inspiration
    2) Confidence inspiration
    3) Health inspiration
    4) Spiritual inspiration- The list is endless....

Now lets examine each inspiration for the morning so we can learn to come back into balance by applying our morning armor
    When you awake you should have a good emotional memory or mantra that you wake up to everyday
    The first 30 minutes after you awake is very vital to your self control through out the day
    So we understand life is good and pleasant as a first thought, then we just take time to be thankful that.

Then fully accept all the goodness in life to explore, grow, laugh and learn ,
    in other words enthusiasm goes a long way for a morning pick me up.

You ever watch kids when they first wake up, there running all over the house and playing games- laughing and just being silly.
    Now this is an awesome way for a kid to get their morning armor on- the thing with children they have a built in natural instinct
    to wake up and just have enjoyment- hence there putting on their armor

As adults we will often wake up and really not want to go and get inspired by the beautiful morning sunlight or the
    sights and sounds of nature as the sky smiles at you and the birds sing to you-
    No we don't even see that beauty- So in essence were cutting off that vital component
    that always kept us joyful as we knew naturally to do as children.
    Then later in the day when we get tensed and stressed we wonder what ever happened to just a peaceful life.

Well nothing really, we just have to create it anew each morning as we awake.
    We don't have to look for happiness or even strive for happiness but to just be happy on purpose-
    Happiness is a choice so its a free gift that all the money in the world cant buy.

Im talking about a peace that you just choose to have, you don't have to try to be peaceful.
    Just think peaceful and put your armor on- just be happy, smile on purpose even when
    you don't feel like it and before long you will be happy and feeling it.
    Hence giving the tms no reason to bother you.

See when your just happy just cause, You got it- that's the secret
    To be happy and content with life just because we can.
    That's the relationship we lost too, just naturally being happy on purpose
    and having no reason or rhyme for it, just being joyful is the magic elixir.

Its a first fruit deal, we first give about thirty minutes of our time to building up our enthusiasm-
    or putting on our armor and then as the days go by we will start to change and heal from the
    pain and anxiety that an out of balanced life leads too.

You really got a good outlook on the fundamentals
    Now let loose and be one with life again, as a child would
    Full of hope and laughter

I hope your doing well
    God Bless.

MontanaMom likes this.