1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by eskimoeskimo, Apr 3, 2016.

Tags:
  1. eskimoeskimo

eskimoeskimo Well known member

I know this has been touched on before, but tinnitus is edging in on me. I know that I'm predisposed it, because I'm terrified of hearing loss, treasure music as one of my only respites from pain, and listen to headphones constantly (though rarely above one or two notches volume bc of fears). I've experienced intermittent ringing before, always during times of high stress. But now I've got a constant, faint, high pitch ringing in my left ear that's been going on for a few weeks. It's always the same pitch. I'm at that stage where I'm struggling to avoid jumping into the TMS abyss on this one. I feel like I've been right at this stop so many times before, with my other chronic conditions. I'm doing the googling, and the freaking out about the potential permanence of it, catastrophizing, blaming myself for headphones listening, etc. How can I avoid the fall? And another selfish request: I'd love to hear from any of you who have had tinnitus that went away. Some day I hope to have some success so that I can return the support.

Thanks, E.