1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Time to declare success

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by Aimee88, Sep 10, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Aimee88

Aimee88 Well known member

It's time to declare a success! After 30+ years of all sorts of pain and treatments and opinions from doctors and chiropractors and osteopaths (UK version), I am free of chronic pain. I am also no longer afraid of pain. And I'm not afraid to do things. That's how I decided today was the day to come back here and write this.

I'm on holiday. I came on this holiday specifically to walk to some amazing viewpoints that I have been seeing photos of for a long time. Three years ago I was in the same area and went on a walk I wouldn't have believed I could have done. At that time, I had an idea of the mind-body thing, from a spiritual perspective, and on that walk, as I was about to freak out (I can't do this!!) I got the message, 'don't test your back, just use it.' And so I did, and hiked through a beautiful little gorge, up hill and down, pausing when I needed to. But it got worse before it got better. Last year I was in such pain that I even went to a medical doctor (haha) and well, you can read about that in my story, if you like. The blessing was my beautiful osteopath who after my tests and xrays for rheumatoid arthritis, cautiously suggested I read Divided Mind, and I did. It's been about a year since I've seen her, and yesterday and today I walked where I wanted to, with confidence. My back and legs feel great. There is some pain in my feet, but I know it's nothing structural. I think it's guilt. Here I am out here doing what I want, by myself, taking time off work to just go off and have fun. Ha! Who does that?? Yes, I think I have been laughing out loud and grinning ear-to-ear nearly the whole time. People must think I'm off my rocker. That's ok. I probably am.

Yes, I nearly didn't write this today, because of the pain in my feet, but I thought, no, the success is that I'm no longer afraid. The success is that I understand. The success is that I trust my body again. The success is that I'm not in panic-mode, but rather, I'm actually thinking what to do next! Where to go. How far. I even did yoga last night, as well.

Funny thing, when I got here, I realised I didn't even think about bringing any pain killers with me! And today, when I picked up a few things I forgot at a local shop, nope, didn't get any. I don't need them. I'm ok. I'm not that fragile.

I'm so grateful for this forum, for the books, for the knowledge and f or the courage. We are not that fragile. Next is to write a thank you care to that beautiful osteopath. She had the courage to give me information that cost her business, and gave me back my body.

A view from yesterday....

DSC00680 (2).JPG

Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
    paige1993, Zuz, MWsunin12 and 12 others like this.
  2. Dorado

Dorado Beloved Grand Eagle

I am very happy you wrote this success story today. You deserve to celebrate your success and we are lucky to be able to share it with you! This was incredibly powerful; thank you so much for sharing. You are correct - your strength and tenacity is indeed a major accomplishment.

The mind-body connection (TMS) is experienced by all living human beings. When we stop fearing it, do our best to healthily manage emotions and boundaries, and truly get back to living, the symptoms just don’t overpower our lives the same way anymore. Nope, you are NOT that fragile, and what a freeing realization that is!

What an incredible view!

Balsa11 and Aimee88 like this.
  3. fewjoram

fewjoram Peer Supporter

What a nice story and I like the view as well. Congratulations! beerbuds

Aimee88 likes this.
  4. mugwump

mugwump Well known member

This success story is really a successful one. Congrats buddy and live long! :)

5. jimmylaw9

jimmylaw9 Peer Supporter

Great story thanks for sharing means a lot to me

6. Zuz

Zuz Peer Supporter

Ohhhh that’s beautiful!!!
    My osteopath ( Canada) also borrowed me drSarno book... I have been seeing her for nine years, sometimes every week just to be able to continue functioning. She actually got a bit depressed not being able to help me, started doubting her own skills :(!
    I am getting over another acute back pain episode, carefully, trying to go at the speed of my fear. Your story is really full of hope thank you ++++