1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Tightness in back. Is this pain

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by JulieS718, Jun 17, 2019.

1. JulieS718

JulieS718 Newcomer

hi. I definitely think I have TMS. Since reading Sarno, my pain has definitely improved a little. It still comes back but I notice a lot of improvement as far as the sharp pains I had. I still have a lot of tightness in my back and glutes though which makes my back feel unstable. Bc I know it’s not harmful now, I’m able to be less worried abt it but I was wondering if anyone else experienced this. Is this considered pain? Will this go away over time? Please wb if anyone has experienced this. Thank you

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Julie,

Please start reading the threads on our Success Stories subforum. You'll find lots and lots and LOTS of examples of the wild and whacky symptoms that our brains can come up with. It's also important for you to understand the journey you're about to engage on - and to know what others have gone through in order to get their lives back. You will see references to our two free programs, as well as books and therapy and other resources that other people have used. I always recommend that people start by doing our Structured Educational Program on tmswiki.org.

I'm assuming that you've been to doctors, and that they don't really know what's going on with you, and that this is why you've arrived here - so congratulations for that first step!

I'm here to tell you: Don't make the mistake of wasting time, trying to find reassurance about the minute details of your particular symptoms. The details are irrelevant, because your brain is guaranteed to create symptoms that are unique to you, just to keep you in fear.

Accepting that truth is hugely important to your success. The bottom line is that this journey is different for everyone. Welcome, and good luck!

~Jan