1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Thoracic pain

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Timbercat, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Timbercat

Timbercat Well known member

I was on the forum yesterday - see shoulder and thoracic pain. I woke up in so much pain again which gets better when I get up. I just made coffee and sat here in the dark sobbing that I have yet one more obstacle. Its the thoracic pain that is frightening me. I feel like I need to go to my PCP and at least rule out fracture including compression. There is no way she will order an mri since it just started 2 days ago. The pain is bad enough that I cannot take a deep breath. Makes it hard to relax. I did search our site for thoracic pain and found many stories which gave me some hope. I am just so fatigued and dont see any option except to go to the doctor AGAIN. Anybody with thoughts to help?

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Timbercat, I also saw your first post but will reply here.

I don't know what you might have already reported, so please understand that I'm being cautious when I ask if you've been thoroughly checked out and cleared by your general practitioner? I know nothing about thoracic pain, but I'm having the same reaction as your PT, which is that if you're having 10/10 pain in your back and anything that resembles shortness of breath, you need to be sure that your heart is not involved with these symptoms.

It's not a failure to get this checked out by an MD. It's just a setback! Hopefully, "they won't find anything wrong" and you'll have one more piece of evidence to use against your fearful brain.

Keep us posted, okay? We're pulling for you.

~Jan

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  3. Timbercat

Timbercat Well known member

4. eskimoeskimo

eskimoeskimo Well known member

Just letting you know that I had thoracic pain as my primary symptom for a few years and it went away.