1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Thinking of running Frequent colds and bladder problems

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Birdman, Dec 31, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Birdman

Birdman Newcomer

Hi there. This year I successfully used TMS journalling to heal from neck pain on one occasion and low back pain on another. I'm thinking should I do the same for frequent colds ( I have had 5 colds plus 1 influenza this year) ? Also I have been battling overactive bladder, medically, with little success. Should I maybe do the Pain Recovery Program, even though I'm not in pain? Thanks for any help, no matter how seemingly small!

2. Lizzy

Lizzy Well known member

I think so :)

When I read about pain, but am working on other symptoms, I substitute "strain," as in "brain strain," while reading. Lol, it seems to work for me.
    Lizzy

Birdman likes this.
  3. Birdman

Birdman Newcomer

Thanks Lizzy! On my TMS journey I watched a video, but now can't find it. It was a doctor who followed Dr Sarno being interviewed about a book. In his book he had a classification of people who are focused on avoiding sickness, over focused. People like me! I wish I could even remember his name.

4. Lizzy

Lizzy Well known member

Hi Birdman,
    I suggest you post a question on the forum about help finding the book. Someone here can probably figure out who you saw.
    Happy New Year!
    Lizzy

Birdman likes this.
  5. Birdman

Birdman Newcomer

Thanks Lizzy. I just found the clip again on YouTube. I was mistaken. He was calling the personality Fear Prone. The Dr name was Scott Brady. Thanks for your help!

Lizzy likes this.
  6. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Birdman - if you would like to explore a completely different path to the mind-body connection, I recommend reading "When The Body Says No", by Dr. Gabor Mate, MD. He will convince you that the stress of repressed emotions definitely can, and eventually will, negatively affect your immune system. He was one of the great inspirations that changed my way of thinking.

Birdman likes this.
  7. Birdman

Birdman Newcomer

Thanks will do! Thanks for the tip!