1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 17 Thinking about taking a pause

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by atticusk93, Oct 18, 2022.

1. atticusk93

atticusk93 Newcomer

As the title states, I'm thinking about taking a pause from the program. This makes me feel a bit anxious and guilty. I like to finish things (tms personality trait?). The program has helped me immensely, but my instincts are telling me that perhaps I have learned enough helpful strategies for now.

Has anyone here stopped and then returned? Or simply stopped before the program is over? I'd love to know your experience.

2. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

Why do you need to stop?
    That in itself is an excellent tms oriented question.
    I really had troubles at first, and was frustrated using another, similar program. When I realized it was simply a form of resistance, my mind fearing the things the program helped me face, I fully committed.
    I broke down each day into 3 days - reading only one day, doing the lesson the next and using the last bi (what each day asks to to think about) as another written lesson. About 1/2 hr daily. It took 3 times as long but was easy to stick with, and helped me be far more thoughtful and heartfelt with my time. Slowing down was a lesson in itself!
    Tms wellness is about committing to taking time for your self care, not just now during the program but for the rest of your life.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  3. atticusk93

atticusk93 Newcomer

Definitely some food for thought here-I can relate to what you're saying, "When I realized it was simply a form of resistance, my mind fearing the things the program helped me face, I fully committed". I'll continue giving this some thought, and bring it up with my therapist. Thanks for your reply.