1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

There rest of the story--Gallstones!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Jesse MacKinnon, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Jesse MacKinnon

Jesse MacKinnon Peer Supporter

Just walked in the door from an ultra sound at the hospital. I made the tech tell me what she saw(she was nice) Yep very large gall stone blocking one of the ducts. Kinda wedged in there. She also said it is common for people with this condition to experience upper back pain. You asked me why I said "What a relief". I think to find out a source of major pain is indeed physical and is fixed by a simple arthroscopic procedure- that's a reason to celebrate. Now I still experience pain in my back and I'm convinced the heart of that and maybe even the creation of the stone is psychological and I intend to "go deep" for the rest of my life. I must follow my doc's advice. If this thing is blocking access to my liver or pancreas it gets very serious real fast. Having said that, I understand there is a natural way to break this thing up involving lots of apple juice, apple cider vinegar, olive oil and epsom salts. Since it's unlikely they'll operate over this weekend I think I'll give it a try. Anyone out there had any experience with gall stones? Especially the "natural" remedy? Love to hear from you.
    Thanx in advance, Jesse

2. veronica73

veronica73 Well known member

I don't know much about gall stones. I do have a few friends who've had their gallbladders removed. I think it was day surgery...and not too bad to recover from. Good luck. Let us know how it goes!

3. MatthewNJ

MatthewNJ Well known member

Jesse,

No argument that you found a source of pain and that is a relief. But, be observant (mindful) when that issue is resolved and the pain is gone. Does anything take it's place?

Matthew

Forest likes this.
  4. BruceMC

BruceMC Beloved Grand Eagle

Jesse, the symptoms you described in your previous post didn't sound like TMS to me, rather were due to some conventional soft tissue issue. Gall stones aren't good, but at least you can address that problem using conventional medicine to effect a quick and lasting solution. My TMS pain acts very much like conventional lower-lumbar pain compounded with sciatica in my left leg that is highly variable and moves around on its own in some mysterious, inexplicable pattern that can only have a source in the central nervous system. Yours, however, sounds like it has a conventional medical explanation. Luckily, my symptoms seem to be on the down cycle over a long period of time, which certainly wouldn't be the case if I had gall stones. All the best for a speedy resolution to your medical complaint.

5. Jesse MacKinnon

Morcom- Thanx for your response. The gall stone issue is new. I've had painful and chronic low back and mid back pain, severe, for 34 years which I do think is TMS. The mid back pain has gotten crippling lately and just over the last week or so knocked me flat to where I had to take vicodin and it seemed to include my chest. The back pain eased up but the chest and upper abdomen pain persisted. That's when I remember a chiropractor who examined my xrays and commented on the gallstone. Sure enough, a sonogram showed a giant stone blocking one of the gall bladder ducts. It'll be a week or so before surgery enough time for me to try one of "Granny's" cures. Olive oil and epsom salts. Begreat if that just worked hate surgeries and hospitals. Then I can really concentrate on my TMS work for my back

6. Beach-Girl

Beach-Girl Well known member

Or you could continue now. Never know where you'll be after they blast those things out. I'd keep writing at least Jesse. You have a lot of things you could be working on while you bask in olive oil. I know I'm in the same writing boat. Taking a break and realizing there is so much more.

BG

7. Jesse MacKinnon

Oh, I'm still writing. I'm just trying to find a way to save my gallbladder. Don't wan to start my new structured program (Schubiner) til I resolve this gallbladder thing once and for all>

8. Beach-Girl

Beach-Girl Well known member

I did Dr. Schubiner's workbook after I did the SP here on the wiki. I found it really helpful to go from one to the next although *I* got overwhelmed and had to stop during the third week. I'm now considering starting all over again. I am feeling stronger and more ready to face a multitude of issues I had forgotten to write about.

Keep me posted Jesse or you can pm me if you want since we're following the same path.

Good luck with the gall bladder.

BG

9. MatthewNJ

MatthewNJ Well known member

Jesse, I know lots of folks without gall bladders. You won't miss it! And to be honest, are you ready for honesty? If not .... stop reading now ..... that wasn't very fair was it? Well anyway, Your are still reading aren't you? ....don't wait till the gall bladder thing is resolved, that is just an excuse your brain is using to keep you from starting your TMS treatment. Treating TMS never hurt anyone. That is as long as they didn't ignore true medical problems.

10. Maribel

Maribel New Member

Chanca piedra - stone breaker tea from the Amazon
    Magnesium + B6 - superman from Source Naturals ( Amazon.com) worked wonders for me. Magnesium relaxes bile ducts!
    Drink copious amounts of coconut juice - water and electrolytes to hydrate your body.
    Don't forget the salt - water cure - we need a lot of water but also salt! -- flush the ducts!
    Amino acid taurine - makes bile more soluble
    Castor oil - at night on the affected area- will get stuff moving

I am an expert in working on my anger physically - I just had a huge blind stop my mother!!!

In chinese medecine liver and gal are paired to the emotion of anger when in disfunction.

11. Maribel

Maribel New Member

Don't let them take out your gallbladder!! God made it with a purpose - we don't have stuff in our body that is useless!!!!

12. Jason32

Jason32 Peer Supporter

I'm not a doctor and can't give specific medical advice, but having seen this thread I just want to advise people to be careful with a gallstone diagnosis- in many cases they cause no problems and are scapegoated as a source of chronic pain. I have several that were found as an incidental finding from a CT scan when I was a teenager. Years later, when suffering with sudden unexplained (i.e. TMS-induced) GERD, the gastroenterologist was considering the gallbladder as a source of the problem until he found out I had them for so long with no symptoms. I was told if you had been symptom-free for so long its unlikely they will ever cause a problem. (Not to mention most of my pain went away after being prescribed prescription PPI's, which wouldn't make sense.) My GERD disappeared years ago and I still have my gallbladder.

On the other hand, my wife did have actual gallbladder attacks, which was a pretty clear cut thing- it was sudden and severe, she couldn't even drink water without vomiting, was literally in 10/10 nonstop pain and was sent to the hospital. If you're having more chronic, annoying and inconsistent pain like I was, I'd proceed a little more cautiously. Gallbladder surgery is pretty easy either way from what I've seen though.

Maribel likes this.
  13. sam908

sam908 Peer Supporter

I had three gall bladder attacks so severe that they mimicked heart attacks and I was taken to the ER on all three occasions, and after having been through the heart attack drill there, was told they were severe GB attacks. As a result, had the GB removed at 8:30 one morning and was enjoying a tuna sandwich at 1:45 pm that same day.