1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Therapist?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by lorrie, Jan 14, 2015.

1. lorrie

lorrie New Member

Last night I went to my daughter's orchestra concert. What a joyful occasion! I can honestly say pain was the LAST thing on my mind.

I go to sleep and wake up every 3 hours with pain radiating up from my FEET. I relax & go back to sleep...by 7 AM I could take no more-slapped pain patches on my feet & slept a wonderful relaxing sleep...ALL )$&:); DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am a sniveling wuss. I once lived a great life filled with work and adventure. Now I'm scared to leave my house.

I need a therapist to kick my pain free butt into gear.

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

So you are looking for a therapist? I guess to help you motivate yourself. To do what? I'm curious.

3. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Laurie,

A Therpist is a great idea, it will help you get it those buried emossions that you didn't know you had...

4. Dahlia

Dahlia Well known member

Please be kind to yourself. If your best friend was suffering would you call her a "niveling wuss" or would your heart go out to her in compassion and would you offer comfort?
    I suggest you consider being your own best friend. Give yourself compassion and comfort and support. Being so demanding of yourself is one of the TMS personality characteristics that gets us into trouble in the first place :)

5. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Are you aware that there are many TMS therapists listed in the sidebar? If one is not near you, you can do phone or Skype with them and evidence shows it can be effective as seeing one in person.

6. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

I did a few sessions it was very helpful in setting my path, now i see a regular therapist and explained what was going on and she is very tactful .