1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

The Silva Mind Control Method to Self Healing

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Eric "Herbie" Watson, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Eric)- I Wrote this so we can see all of the corresponding ideas that
    the Silva method has in common with Tms healing-

1) Altering states or controlled meditative and loving states
    2) Speaking to the problem
    3) Focusing
    4) Seeing yourself healed in visuals
    5) loving yourself unconditionally
    7) Thinking Clean
    8) The neutralizing of anger and guilt through soothing and love of self
    9) Becoming a loving and forgiving person to yourself and others
    10) To go to your level means your level of mindfulness in the now
    While practicing focusing or any other mind control technique as visuals
    affirmations and meditations.
    11) Using a mental screen and dis- association as in Hypnotherapy
    To change the meaning of the pain.
    12) becoming a part of society again

Do you see more?

Jose Silva)- Many graduates report they use Mind Control in emergencies to reduce bleeding and pain. Example:Mrs. Donald Wildowsky was in Texas on a convention trip with her husband. According to the Norwich, Connecticut,Bulletin, she dived into a swimming pool and
    ruptured an eardrum."We were miles from any town, and I didn't want to make him leave in the middle of the convention,'' she was quoted as saying. "So I went to an Alpha state, put
    my hand over my ear, concentrated on the pain area and said 'Gone, gone, gone!'
    "The bleeding stopped immediately and the pain left. When I finally got to a doctor, he was speechless with amazement.''

In self-healing, there are six fairly easy steps to take. The first is to begin—in Beta—to feel yourself becoming a loving (and therefore a forgiving) person, and to consider love as an end in itself. This will probably require a pretty thorough mental housecleaning.

Second, go to your level. This alone is a major step Using Your Mind to Improve Your Health tow sward self-healing because, as I mentioned much earlier,at this level the negative work of the mind—all its guilts and angers—is neutralized, and the body is set free
    to do what nature designed it to do: repair itself. You may, of course, have very real feelings of guilt and anger, but we have found that these will be experienced only at the outer, or Beta, level and they tend to disappear as you practice Mind Control.

Third, mentally speak to yourself about step one:Express your desire to achieve a thorough mental housecleaning—to use positive words, to think positively,to become a loving, forgiving person.

Fourth, mentally experience the illness that is troubling you. Use the mental screen and see and feel the illness. This should be brief; its purpose is simply to focus your healing energies where they are needed.

Fifth, quickly erase this image of your illness and experience yourself as completely cured. Feel the freedom and happiness of being in perfect health. Hold on to this image, linger over it enjoy it and know that you deserve it—know that now in this healthy state you are fully in tune with nature's intentions for you.

Sixth, reinforce your mental housecleaning once again, and end by saying to yourself, "Every day in every way I am getting better, better, and better."

How long should this take and how often should you do it? My experience is that fifteen minutes is about the best length of time.
    Go through this exercise as often
    as you can, no less often than once a day.
    There is no "too much "Allow me to digress for a moment. You may have heard that meditation is a fine thing but that you must be careful not to become so enchanted by it that you do too much.
    This, it is said, can lead to a withdrawal from the world and an unhealthy preoccupation with yourself. Whether this is true or not, I do not know. This is said of other meditative disciplines, not Mind Control. Our emphasis is on involvement with the world, not withdrawal from it—not with transcending practical problems or ignoring them, but with facing them head-on and solving them. You cannot do too much of this.

Jose Silva- The Silva Mind Control Method

Neil likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I have found fantastic success with the mantra
    "Every day in every way I am getting better and better."

It's very helpful at any time but I especially like it while in bed and at the
    start of not being able to sleep. A few times saying it and I fall asleep.

Sometimes I'm not even sure I need to believe it.
    Just saying it is calming and reassuring.
    My unconscious mind seems to get it.