1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

The Presence Process HELP!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by kombuchi88, Jul 18, 2018.

1. kombuchi88

kombuchi88 Newcomer

So I recently started "The Presence Process", I am currently on week 3. I sought this out after making the mindbody connection, in relation to my physical pain. I really don't know if I am doing it correctly, and I have some questions for those who might have experienced this journey. I feel absolutely insane, and still in alot of pain, someone please PLEASE help!

-Chase

2. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Hello Chase,

Most people here are not following The Presence Process, so if you need specific help with that my best advice is to post a reply on the thread devoted to Brown's book which you'll find here:

http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/the-presence-process-share-experiences-ask-questions.5173/ (The Presence Process - Share Experiences & Ask Questions)

It's a great thread and the man who started it, Brian, is very generous in his help and explanations. I'm sure he'll be able to offer the guidance you need.

Plum

3. Martinam

Martinam New Member

Hello, I am Martina! I have few spine diagnoses as a consequence of cancer radiation treatment which I had as a teenager. That's why I have pain on daily basis, but also I do believe that partially is connected with emotional baggage that most of us are carrying. I got into more consciousness living in order to live better life and to let go the past. My life was process and it still is. In 2018. I end up"accendently " living in Spain with family which introduced me to the Process and I did my first Process there. It was life changing for me, but I must add that I did a lot of spiritual work before. Now, in Serbia I am doing the Process for the second time. I tried to find someone to do it together, but it was hard, therefore, I am doing it publicly on YouTube. If you want to see how that looks like, ask questions... you are welcome! This week I will post my first week but here is my previous experience with the book and introduction :)
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5GumHepIVAmfir8Ou4pZXOpwxcXOhSFu (Guidelines trough Presence Process- powerful life-changing method - YouTube)

4. Dino Vk

Dino Vk Newcomer

Glad to hear that. Are you from Serbia? :)

5. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

This has nothing to do with TMS healing ....it’s a interesting book but just a bit ridiculous..

nowa and miffybunny like this.
  6. miffybunny

miffybunny Beloved Grand Eagle

I'm just going to chime in here...I honestly don't think the Presence Process even belongs on the Wiki. I actually managed to read it during my desperate phase. It overcomplicates an approach to healing that Dr. Sarno so elegantly laid out. Most of it is New Age twaddle. That is my OPINION only. If you enjoy meditating for hours every day and you're on some kind of "spiritual" journey , then knock yourself out, but the book itself is horrendously written and the program itself is convoluted and unrealistic for most people. I'm a big proponent of simplifying life and that's at the heart of TMS healing...getting back to the basics and enjoying life through doing and through relationships to others. There are many "tools" one can employ to calm down the brain and change one's thought patterns and access repressed emotions....meditation, yoga, journaling , walks in nature, art work, Qui Jong .....whatever resonates with you but they are just tools to help you along. It always comes down to MINDSET and living your LIFE.

Boston Redsox and nowa like this.
  7. Melanie

Melanie Newcomer

• Unsolicited marketing on a six-year old thread by an unvetted newcomer
    Hi there Chase,
    I’ve been through the Presence Process 3 times now, for me to help my own physical and emotional pain. I am so passionate about this vital work and in support to my clients as they go through TPP
    I’m only too happy to speak with you. Please check time difference and ensure you get a slot to speak with me here.
    https://calendly.com/melhowardcoaching (Soul Lead Breathwork & Coaching with Mel Howard)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2024
  8. Melanie

Melanie Newcomer

the writing of the presence process is intentional and it’s not about meditating for hours whatsoever it’s not about DOING and tools that’s the whole point and where mental effort struggles to grasp the application of it
    It CANNOT be understood by the mind the mind is part of the mental plane and why there are so many people struggling from doing as distraction to NOT FEEL their feelings
    It’s a pandemic
    The BEING with the energy and sensations in the body trains anyone to come out of that old ego protection and compassionately work direct lot with the material surfacing at the causal point
    The root of the pain
    It’s simple truth about our conditioned self and childhood where our limbic system was often struggling from deep upsets where our parents or caregivers were simply not aware or able to support and validate in a functional way.

The whole point of it is to sit with sensations and validate the key ‘emotional signatures that formed from those traumatic times that because of never truly being felt because that has been too painful to do so for many, the energy of that experience sits in the body like an emotional charge and remains there, 24/7
    Why else when we’re triggered are many so reactive in whichever way people need to be reactive to defend, protect stay safe from feeling that buried pain from the memories?

Which is why when we feel threatened even if an event slightly resembles a past painful experience
    The N.S activates and is triggered to move away by either fight freeze fawn etc
    To avoid those painful feelings again
    This is why it teaches so beautifully the power of doing this work
    It’s simple but not always that easy
    AND the mind wants to figure it out make sense if it all, it never will.
    It’s definitely not for the faint hearted and definitely not woo woo
    It’s helped me move through a very difficult time in my life recently and I’m surprisingly more grounded and compassionate from working through the book
    And doing it again
    The reality around me has changed dramatically and I’m teaching my body to lean into discomfort and understand integration is happening and most of all learning to trust more body and its intelligence
    Which has nothing to do with the minds ‘thinking it knows best’ illusions
    This means I’m NOT STORING energetic charges from traumatic events from my past as I had been, therefore my body is better off for it and I’m noticing certain pains have diminished in my lower back.
    I’ve worked with some powerful teachers in my 50 years of life and there are clear correlations between Levine/Gabor and this work in relation to strengthening the N.S and also integration of emotions to support the body and allow it to follow its intelligence back to homeostasis
    This is my humble opinion from completing it a few times. It’s incredibly useful.

9. miffybunny

miffybunny Beloved Grand Eagle

This post is 6 years old. Have you read any of Dr. Sarno?