1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1 The Penny Drops...........like a lead balloon :-(

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Maria, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Maria

Maria New Member

I can't believe how long it has taken me to finally accept that my emotions have been causing my pain. I have been relentless in my determination to resolve my health with physical and alternative therapies and like many others and I have thrown all my money at them. Of course, nothing has really worked. Sure, some have helped alleviate the symptoms but nothing has got to the root cause. I feel really tearful now and quite overwhelmed to think that I have caused a lifetime of misery - ME!

Karen likes this.
  2. Stella

Stella Well known member

Welcome Maria,
    You just didn't know. If you knew you would have changed it. I am 61. I, too, have had a lifetime of numerous physical symptoms/pain all my life. Depression all my adult life. But now I know. Dr. Sarno has been an unbelievable gift to me and this amazing site. Now I know and I have made great progress and I can help others.

I still have numerous symptoms but generally of a minor nature. They flare regularly telling me I need to manage my emotions. This will be a lifetime program for me.

You will also learn more about guilt and the role it plays in TMS. You are on your way to an amazing experience.

3. Karen

Karen Peer Supporter

Hi Maria! I am new also and I welcome you today.! I totally relate to what you are saying. We can win back our self-respect. Keep reading and studying. That's what I'm doing. I joined this site a week ago and I am feeling much better already....like...I have hope again!! My depression and pain have lifted slightly already!! Slow and steady..... (as they say on the board) Let's help each other!! Thank you for being here!!

4. Maria

Maria New Member

Thank you ladies! Your optimism and support reduced me to tears but in a good way :) I've felt so lonely for so long and now I feel as though I've found some new best friends! Bless you both and here's to a bright new future for all of us! :)