1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Laughter The not so serious side of TMS

Discussion in 'Community Off Topic' started by Jilly, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Jilly

Jilly Well known member

The good Dr. Sarno said "By laughing at the pain your'e teaching the brain to send new messages to the muscles" HBP ~ Dr. Sarno p. 90

Steve Ozanich said, " Relearn how to have fun, because when the laughter stops the pain replaces it. Go out and belly laugh (or belly dance) with friends, and become a child again - loose some control " GPD ~ Steve Ozanich p. 198

And Steve Ozanich said, "Laughter unhinges the neuron's long term relationships with one another. Self pity, guilt, anger and victimization strengthen the neural set - forming nerve cell identity. Laughter breaks these hardwired neural-sets and begins re-wiring new neural relationships with happier, more fun, and pleasurable small peptide chains. Laughter changes the biochemistry from bad to good. Find humor all around you and you will heal " GPD ~ Steve Ozanich p. 311

Having said that, I am posting a new video, Dancing with an i Pod, Christmas edition. Imagine doing this yourself, to be so free, so uninhibited...full of joy ! Just look at his face, his happiness is contagious.

Keep in mind the recent information from Dr. Alexander how people can put on a happy face and live up to an expectation to be happy happy happy when they truly are not happy. No pretending to be happy; good gut belly laughs are what we need !

Griffin and Forest like this.
  2. Stella

Stella Well known member

Terrific... I have been doing it in my office... now I need to dance in the street.

Jilly likes this.
  3. Jilly

Jilly Well known member

LOL ! ... Or...do it at the mall like this guy ! Did you laugh, crack up...or bust a gut watching him ? I hope so ! Because if you just went through the motions of being happy, then your'e putting on the happy happy happy face Dr. Alexander talks about, which leads to TMS.

Griffin likes this.