1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

The New Biology: Bruce Lipton, EFT tapping and Quantum Mechanics

Discussion in 'Mindbody Video Library' started by BruceMC, Mar 11, 2014.

1. BruceMC

BruceMC Beloved Grand Eagle

Bruce Lipton explains how quantum physics explains his theory of epigenetics:

He also shows how his discoveries in the field of genetics overturn the central dogma of modern biomedicine that states that DNA becomes RNA and ends ups protein. He also discusses about the impact of thoughts like placebos and nocebos on healing and, by implication, TMS healing. This is a very important talk because in it Dr. Lipton lays a firm scientific basis for the existence of body-mind healing. "It's not the genes, it's the mind!"

Enjoy!

Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
  2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Wow, wow, and wow! Another gem, Bruce. Thanks so much for this!

It's all great, but what really stood out for me is his explanation of the reasons for the limits of positive thinking, and the role of the subconscious in our health and our lives in general. This is the fundamentals of TMS healing laid out very well. I will need to watch it a few more times. I do wish he explained how and why EFT can change the programs running in the subconscious. I studied EFT quite extensively in the past and used it for a long time, but didn't get results so I gave it up. I need to go back and take a new look at it. I know it works for many people.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  3. BruceMC

Me three, Ellen! Perhaps repeating the affirmation statement before tapping the acupressure points breaks up the obsessive scanning for danger in the brain stem that drives the Tension in TMS? Certainly, that's one of the ways that bilateral stimulation works in EMDR too. I do like what Bruce Lipton says about writing a new program to replace the one that's playing on the tape recorder of your subconscious. Of course, going out for a run or hike on the nature preserve causes your eyes to move around and take in the scenery and acquire new perspectives by scanning the horizon. I think Ralph Waldo Emerson wrote a essay entitled "Circles" on that very subject. I seem to remember that Dr Schapiro stumbled onto EMDR based on her own experience out hiking on woodland trails following a cancer diagnosis.

4. Colly

Colly Beloved Grand Eagle

This is mind-blowing! Thanks Bruce!

5. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Bruce, thanks very much for posting this video by Bruce Lipton.
    I learned a lot about positive and negative thinking and the power of the unbconscious and its
    programs stored in our first six years of life that are learned from our parents.

The video is a very helpful explanation of why we need to reprogram those early years
    that cause TMS, and without naming TMS he says dealing with our early years repressed emotions
    can relieve our symptoms.

The video is one of three in a series about tapping and I want to find the first two.

But meanwhile, I recommend the Lipton video to everyone for an excellent discussion about
    why we need to reprogram our unconscious to believe in TMS.

6. BruceMC

Thanks for the positive responses, Walt, Colly, and Ellen. Bruce Lipton is definitely someone with a lot to say about the limitations of deterministic genetics, especially since he was one of the first to clone stem cells back in the mid-1960s. But you realize of course that there are people in the medical establishment who label him a charlatan, especially because of his emphasis on how DNA adapts and changes in response to environment? They especially don't like his ability to refute the DNA-RNA-protein dogma. Anyone outside the box always attracts flak.

Interesting too how Lipton's talk about working on the unconscious mind agrees with what Michael Brown says in The Presence Process.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014