1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 18 The most prevalent emotions

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by DontStopBelieving, May 29, 2017.

1. DontStopBelieving

DontStopBelieving Peer Supporter

When looking at my journaling entries, I can clearly see the presence of "not being accepted" that caused anger and sadness in my past, and still lingers on. Another is the need to make everything perfect so I don't get told off, because of the way I was brought up. My pain has reduced, last week was a proof that I'm so much more of control and that SEP is helping me, even though I had a relapse, I managed to react to it differently and that made me so proud. That's why I took yesterday and today "off". I felt the need to stop and breathe. The symptoms were gone completely yesterday. A little bit of back pain and pressure in my head today. Another change was the "keep the inner child happy" by promising and doing fun things: getting an ice cream, watch comedies, zumba classes and similar.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

You're doing a great job of dealing with your feelings. Be more accepting of yourself and don't expect to be a perfect person. You've felt that since you were a child. Now expect less of yourself. Taking two days off from thinking about your symptoms did you a lot of good. Do more fun things every day. Keep your inner child happy and it won't bully you.