1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 4 The Most Disheartening Thing

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Lidsmichelle, May 12, 2019.

1. Lidsmichelle

Lidsmichelle New Member

Thus far for me, it’s been not being listened to. Even though I now believe my pain to be TMS, the doctors constantly focused on my back when the bulk of my symtoms were happening in my glute region. The pain only ever radiated up to my back on really bad days. I had localized pain in my piriformis muscles and glutes but they still focused on my back and seemed to think I was stupid or grasping at straws to suggest that it might be piriformis syndrome or deep gluteal syndrome. It stays in my mind because it makes me frustrated - I know my body, I know my MRI came back clean so why is it so hard to believe I could be right about the issue in question?