1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

The "Joys" of summer

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Beach-Girl, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Beach-Girl

Beach-Girl Well known member

Greetings:

Yes - I live on the coast. Our community is a destination resort for people from all over the world. Beauty abounds. And our town has swelled to 4 times its normal size. Traffic, shopping, even walking the beach in peace has become more difficult. Happens every year so I'm not surprised. BUT: It's also the time for us to make hay while the sun shines! We sell kites. And these three months are make or break it time. All of this has made days on a literal dead run a must.

Since the week of the 4th:

We had my husband's sister visit. She brought her grandson - *I* steered as clear as I could since we are as different as night and day. I drew strong boundaries and stuck to them - never once feeling guilty. It worked so well. Be gone bully!! (in my head)

Had a bomb threat - just down the street from our home. First one I have ever heard of here - but it turned out to be nothing. I will admit to some anxiety waiting for the bomb sqad who was in traffic along with the happy vacationers for over three hours.

My husband has such bad sciatica and he's having balance issues. This has been on and off - (I think it's TMS, but he won't hear of it of course) However, I am always answering his calls for help. I mean when he's lying on the floor, I can't very well leave him!

Money is so tight that I am trying to be cautious and risky at the same time. I'm ordering kites like crazy - and praying to Spirit we can cover the cost. So far? So good!

And last but not least - my kitten chased a chipmunk into the house two days ago. He's still trying to find his way out. I made plans for a guy to drill a hole and place a trap. But I can't seem to figure out where he is. At this writing he's in the walls again - chewing and scratching through the dry wall. (insert many colorful words here)

What? Me worry? I have crazy new symptoms. This is something up with which I will not put! I don't think my dad originated this line, but he used to say it a lot and it makes me laugh. So I am working my way through each and every new experience life is throwing my way.

Please send loving energy to the Chipmunk. He needs to make his escape somehow. Doors are always open and his path is free to walk - ouside. But so far - no luck. I know he could damage the house, I know he could die in the walls - but this annoying issue makes me laugh.

And boy do I need to laugh.

....And walk the beach again. Haven't had a moment to even think of heading out on my early morning walk. But Zeke and I have a pain free, pain med free, walk scheduled later this week.

Take care all - the winds are good today. My kites arrive in many boxes again today. And my staff is awesome.

Now to free Chip and get Hubby back on his feet again. The nurse routine is getting old after 5 days.

Love you ALL for all your support...

BG

PS any ideas of getting Chip out would be gladly accepted.

spiralgirl1, Livvygurl and veronica73 like this.
  2. veronica73

veronica73 Well known member

Sounds like you are doing well despite all of that going on.

Good luck with the chipmunk!

3. yb44

yb44 Beloved Grand Eagle

Gosh, BG, you couldn't make this stuff up if you tried. Between the SIL, your ailing husband, the tourists, the bomb scare and "Alvin" I applaud you for coming through it all with good humor and plans for your next outing on the beach.

I have experienced some doozies this week which have included a meltdown over not being able to fix a toilet seat and today a tiff about an office chair where I nearly came to blows with a more senior colleague and considered tendering my resignation. The reservoir of rage must be getting overfilled, assisted by all the rain we keep getting. I ache and pain all over and feel anxious. Is this progress?

4. Lori

Lori Well known member

aaaaaahhhhhh a walk on the beach! Sounds lovely!

Sending hugs BG!