1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Dr. Alexander The Hidden Psychology of Pain

Discussion in 'Mindbody Blogs (was Practitioner's Corner)' started by Dr James Alexander, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Dr James Alexander

Dr James Alexander TMS author and psychologist

Readers may be interested in a book which I have just published titled The Hidden Psychology of Pain. It is based on my personal experiences of 20 years of chronic pain; my use of a psychological approach to overcoming it; and my experiences as a practicing psychologist in sharing these ideas with others in therapy. The book is both an educational t0ol for health professionals, as well as a self-help book for those suffering chronic pain. It contains discussions on- the cultural understanding (and myths) surrounding chronic pain, and the history of these approaches; real case studies; the latest research based scientific evidence supporting this approach; structured means of implimenting the approach; self-healing strategies; discussion of the different approaches to chronic pain, as well as the evidence (or lack there of) regarding their efficacy; the neurobiology of chronic pain; the relationship between psychological trauma and chronic pain; and discussion of the efficacy of different approaches to psychotherapy in regards to chronic pain.
    Reviews of this book can be seen under 'Testimonials' on my website: www.drjamesalexander-psychologist.com
    The book can be ordered from a link on my website, or via: www.thehiddenpsychologyofpain.com