1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Thankyou TMS Forum - 4 day recovery

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by Ozzy, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Ozzy

Ozzy Peer Supporter

Hi,

I had a three month pain that has almost completely disappeared in the four days since finding this forum. Doctors, herbalist, nutritionists, none of them could alleviate it, none of them presumably know about TMS. Went for reflexology on a hunch and she told me about Sarno - she cured 10 year back pain using his book.

My life has not only come back but it is richer and healthier than before because the pain has educated me about how I treat myself, and the anger, grief and fear that I have unaware of.

Thank you, thank you, thank you......

Someone called me an Earth Angel - I feel like I have found some brethren here. This forum is so full of light, compassion, understanding and intelligence. Helping strangers in pain is truly humanizing.

Thank you!

Peace,

Conor

PS Thank you!

2. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

There's the TMS KNOWLEDGE PENICILLIN!

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Coner,
    How wonderful for you. I am so happy that you feel the truth, are having huge relief, and feel supported here. I feel the Grace in this forum, and I love how you express the level of attunement and understanding you feel here. BRAVO.

I can imagine a deep celebration going on inside you at many levels. Happy Happy Truth Truth! And a relief from fear which is long in coming...

Andy

Eric "Herbie" Watson and Enrique like this.
  4. tmsandrew

tmsandrew Peer Supporter

great to hear :)

5. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Ozzy. I feel your joy and excitement about recovering, and your praise of TMS.
    We in the forums really feel good about helping each other, like Andy says.

Is the slight pain I feel in my right knee TMS or aging (I'm 84).
    It's TMS, because I'm trying to "be there" for a very good friend now going through a divorce.
    I try not to feel his emotional pain, but some of it is bound to rub off on me.
    Knowing that, I can think TMS and not let it give me any pain.

About half of my friends and relatives are either divorced or are in their second or third marriage.

My mother married four times. I know what being the child of a divorce is all about.
    I think it's the main reason I got back pain two years ago, and healed when I learned about TMS.
    I had repressed anger and feelings of abandonment and insecurity. But realizing my mother had
    her own TMS I was able to forgive her. That healed me.

So Ozzy, enjoy your new happiness and spread your good cheer and light around.

Eric "Herbie" Watson and Ryan like this.
  6. Buckeye

Buckeye Peer Supporter

Go Conor! :)

7. Ozzy

Ozzy Peer Supporter

Hi all,

Thanks for your comments. A quick update: after a 95% recovery within four days, the pain disappeared completely after about one month of getting support on this forum. It has never returned. I now only get occasional niggles in other areas that disappear within minutes. Wonderful to live free of fear of pain! I am no longer afraid of injury in tennis either now I know about TMS.

I have had occasional insomnia return since the pain vanished (the insomnia disappeared when the pain was there and came back when the pain vanished so I am wondering if the insomnia is a TMS symptom of a sort? I'll post for support in the support section of the forum).

Conor

Laudisco, Ellen and IrishSceptic like this.
  8. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Hi, Ozzy. It seems to be that the insomnia is the subconscious telling you to do more journaling
    to discover repressed emotions. You've made wonderful healing progress but something(s) are
    keeping you awake at night. Don't think about them in bed or you could be awake all night.
    Don't think about them a few hours before bedtime. It's best in the morning or afternoon,
    for no more than an hour. Try to spend more time deep breathing, meditating, living in the present.
    Something from the past or worry about the future is probably bugging you.

9. Ozzy

Ozzy Peer Supporter

Thanks Walt - it comes back to making time for myself in the day - not going straight into service of my kids, my wife and my business. A good reminder! For while I did journaling and it helped but then one night I was still awake so I kind of gave up but I know it helps so thanks for the reminder.

10. Laudisco

Laudisco Well known member

This is wonderful to hear! Thanks for sharing your success story. All the best with conquering the insomnia! :)

11. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Ozzy, I hope you're not thinking about TMS repressed emotions while you're trying to sleep.
    It will keep you awake. Instead visualize yourself on vacation, on a peaceful, sunny beach.

I strongly believe that insomnia is caused by TMS.