1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Tension Headaches

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Explorer, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Explorer

Explorer Well known member

So I am on Day #7 and aside from dealing with nerve pain, I am getting tension headaches almost every day. This started about 3 weeks ago before I started the TMS program.

I haven't had to treat it in the last couple of weeks, but headaches seem so much harder to manage than body pain because they affect my mood and outlook.

Sorry to sound like I am complaining.... any ideas?

I feel that I need to think positive to heal yet it's hard when my head is pounding....

Susan

2. veronica73

veronica73 Well known member

Headaches suck--they are/were my main TMS symptom. I often find they make me feel tired and foggy

As I work on TMS I have fewer and fewer headaches and they become less severe. If I feel tired or foggy I know that that feeling will pass and it does.

It's actually a good sign when new TMS symptoms show up...it means you have it "on the run."

Hope you feel better soon.

Lala likes this.
  3. Explorer

Explorer Well known member

Thanks Veronica - they do suck. I never really had headaches before. If I did I just took a few aspirin and they were gone. I know this is part of TMS. My headaches don't make me tired or groggy, they just make it hard to enjoy the day and focus on emotional not physical issues.

It's good to know I've got it on the run. Today I screamed at it say headache GO AWAY! I have work to do. I can feel a twinge of it but it's not distracting me.

Thanks!!! Glad to hear your headaches are clearing up.

4. Lala

Lala Well known member

hey, i forgot to mention to you...have you used the "valley point"...acupressure point in the fleshy place between thumb and pointer finger....another TMSer reminded me of that point..in times of stress...but i also remember its particularly good for headaches.

5. Lala

Lala Well known member

veronica, i like your imagine of the TMS "on the run," ...having experienced several extinction bursts (as I begin to peel back the layers of the onion), it is always so important to remind yourself that those bursts are actually a sign of real progress!